Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Irish Amateur Combat Championships

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭mark.leonard

Please see below for details of the Irish Amateur Combat Championships. Entries are now being taken for the Autumn event which will run in September (date TBC). Please mail barry@informedperformance.com with any fighters you have available. (we have moved this event from August due to the profusion of pro shows around that time)

All details of the event are at this link http://informedperformance.com/2010/06/the-irish-amateur-combat-challenge/

Barry

I will have a few for this probably, depending on its proximity to the league on 11/9

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭wingnut4

sounds great, barry have you and ideas what month the one after this would be?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭Barry.Oglesby

I will have a few for this probably, depending on its proximity to the league on 11/9
    I'm trying to keep it as far away from the League dates as possible Mark I'll have my people contact your people and we'll coordinate.
    sounds great, barry have you and ideas what month the one after this would be?
    Early December. The schedule for the remainder of 2010 will try to fall in with current dates already set but our 2011 schedule will be:

Spring Championships- March
    Summer Championships- June
    Autumn Championships- September
    Winter Championships- December

I've had 2 enquiries about something specific and usually that means that some others are thinking the same thing!

This event is not a competitor to the MMA League, nor is it a replacement for that event. In fact, Mark and myself have been in discussions about how best to maximise the effect of having multiple levels of amateur competition in Ireland. We'll keep you posted but for now you can rest assured that me and my gang won't be turning up at the MMA League with machetes. If we did, it might look a little like this

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,720 ✭✭✭Sid_Justice

what's the story with weight classes?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,549 ✭✭✭✭cowzerp

will try get a few lads to do this barry-i'll have words with them all and see who is up for it..

Rush Boxing club and Rush Martial Arts head coach.

what's the story with weight classes?
    I'll have the same weight classes as the pro divisions but we want to discourage cutting so I'll be aiming to make match ups based on current weight rather than around the division. eg if one guy is 69kgs fighting at Lightweight -70kgs, then I'll be looking for someone else within 1-2kgs of him rather than for a 75kgs guy who will cut 5kgs :)

Oh yes apologies also having spoken to Mark we've consulted on dates and the first Irish Amateur Combat Championships will take place on Sunday September 19th!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 417 ✭✭youllneverknow

"no touching of face or hair"

Bump. I think I emailed the wrong date to coaches last week. The 19th is the correct date for this so please disregard the date on the email.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭RKMG

What is the rule set for this? thanks

I'm just getting the final okay on some match ups from some coaches and then I'll post up the preliminary fight card.

Looking forward to the show!

I'm still looking for some opponents for some fighters:
    -60kg teenager with 8 months experience
    90kg teenager with 1 years experience
    Loads of other levels in between!

If you're interested in fighting at this, contact me through your coach!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 267 ✭✭Performance Martial Arts

Good stuff Barry!! My guys here are looking forward to this one and as always if i can help in any way just ask.

Bump.

Just under 2 weeks to go. I'm looking for some last minute replacements.

Glen Mulcahy IPMMA 70kg
    Grant Carroll IPMMA 66kg
    Michael Donoghue Rush 63kg

Teens
    Alan Kerslake Rush 62kg
    Eric Healy Rush 57kg
    Adam Caffrey Rush 57kg
    Luke Caffrey Rush 53kg

• Registered Users Posts: 21 mrfighter128

is it mma league rules??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 863 ✭✭✭bjj-fighter

Sorry Barry I would step in but my Debs is on 2 days later ad my Girlfriend has me on a strict no fights rule because of my face ater the last time! haha

Next time I'd love to fight though! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 863 ✭✭✭bjj-fighter

is it mma league rules??

No Kyle its not. Its basically old C class rules with headgear or the new proposed Amatuer class. Great for Teenagers like ourselves!

Advertisement