Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Activities

• 24-06-2010 11:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭

Hi all,

I'm thinking of organising a bit of a gathering with the people from this forum, if enough people are interested.
    It would be held somewhere in Dublin.

Due to it being a first meet-up for many, I don't know what people would like to do. I'd like to set up something where people can chat and get to know each other. So Cinema would be out.
    I was thinking something along the lines of comedy gig or concert, where drinking isn't such a big deal and also covers up the awkward silence.

I'd like organise something for within the next month (Ideally next 2 weeks but I know people would already have plans)
    If your interested in coming along or even helping out with organising either pm me or leave a message here.

Also any suggestions on what to do would be helpful.

Chat soon

Richie

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,493 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

It's often hard to get the numbers. I'm guessing you may not have had much luck?

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭force majeure

Boardies tend to be a bit shy :pac: so unless its a noted date few well be interested. Non the less if a biggish bash was planned well in advance like a formal christmas or new years day gig with tickets and overnight stays you may get a few people thinking, I be happy enough to give it a go if the package was put together for say €50-60 a head. :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,493 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

A while back a few of us went to the cinema and for a walk around Howth. That was...maybe 2 years ago, maybe more.

Advertisement