Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Trek 1000 Headset??

• 24-06-2010 12:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭

I own a Trek 1000 (Bought 2006)

I need to replace the Headset, the guy in the Bikeshop said the Trek Headsets are specific and may take a couple of weeks to order. = €€€......
    Can they be got on the likes of Chainreaction or Wiggle?
    Any idea what size I should be looking out for?

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 274 ✭✭Deisetrek

I replaced the headset on my Trek 1000 a few months ago . Trek 1000 2007 ( Discovery Channel colours) . I replaced it with this ....http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=49331 model which I bought from my LBS for a few euros more than CRC . This headset was perfectly compatible , even better than the original because it has sealed bearings whereas my original headset had cage bearings . I would suspect your Trek 1000 also has the same Headset . The BBB headset can be got at any LBS . Only an opinion of course , I wouldn't recommend to you purchasing unless you get more replies confirming compatability , perhaps from one of the lads on the forum working in a bike shop?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭Explosive_Cornflake

My 2002 Trek 1000 has an odd headset. Externaly it's 1 1/8, but internally (i.e. the fork) is 1". Some os the head tubes taper in in the middle (Triple butted?). I know mine has clearance to take a regular 1 1/8" fork.
    It's an odd setup alright, the spacer have thickness of a good few mm's to a cm. Hard to make sense of it in text, I might take some photo's later and show you what I mean.

Advertisement