Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Laptop Advice

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

What kind of budget are we talking about here?

Perhaps the Dell 15z would be an option, it's thin and light, not a netbook as it has a 15" screen, it has a good battery life and should be fine for the needs you described. I wouldn't be a powerhouse of a laptop, it'd be faster than your average netbook, but not quite as fast as a core i3 laptop.

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭Sonz

Try Ebay for a battery?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,916 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

How old is the current toshiba? If it does what they want it to do then it might be over kill to go looking for a new laptop.
    What exactly is wrong with the battery? Is it just that it no longer holds a charge? Or is it something else?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,916 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭bardcom

You can probably buy a battery for €50 or €60. The model you need is PA3615U-1BRM and it's the same battery used in most of the Toshiba Satellite laptops. Your battery is 4400MaH (8 cell) - you can also buy cheaper versions that sell 2200MaH (4 cell) but if it's only used about the house, that might be as good as you need.

Certainly, I'd say you can pick it up for less than €50 from eBay. Or there's some Battery City type places that'll sell it from Uk or Ireland for faster delivery.

I've bought batteries online before, and haven't had a problem.

Advertisement