Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Student Travel Card?

• 24-06-2010 12:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭

Anybody here have one of these?

They seem great :)
    I was planning on getting one of the forms sent off today so I would have it for the summer holidays.

If you do have one any chance you remember how long it took to come out in the post?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭blubloblu

What kind of transport are you using? I found it quite useless for me, on the DART.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 311 ✭✭H2student

Well I save about 2 euros everytime I go to the cinema, and 5 euros for a return bus ticket to dublin. I don't use it often but it saved me some money.

It took me about a week to get it after I sent the form (maybe less)

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭Victoria.

blubloblu wrote: »
    What kind of transport are you using? I found it quite useless for me, on the DART.

Would be using the DART mainly :(

I hear it's 10% off in Boots pharmacy, Schuh and Topshop. Appeals to me because I haven't been clothes shopping since before Christmas apart from graduation dress. I need to get some new summer clothes badly.

Is it any good for cinemas and that kind of thing?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭Healium

Its ok. I got this one, too: http://studentcard.ie/home.aspx Can be used as ID. I don't really use the discounts, but it's handy to have them anyway :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭Crow92

Mines run outta date since the turn o 2010 but I've saved at least 200 euro overall using it to buses and trains down the country, bus cards and store discounts :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭Scoobydooo

I want to get one of these aswell but I see we have to get a school signature, any ways around this ? Could I just try forge one ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 487 ✭✭muffinz

I have a student card from first year... Im assuming I can still use this can I?

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭Victoria.

Scoobydooo wrote: »
    I want to get one of these aswell but I see we have to get a school signature, any ways around this ? Could I just try forge one ?

You need to get it signed by someone in school and a photo with the school stamp on it. The office in my school was open today so if anyone in your school does religion or applied maths the one in your school probably will be tomorrow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 311 ✭✭H2student

Yes and you have to remember to stick your photo on the form before you bring it into the school to stamp. Because the school have to stamp OVER one of your photo. I think this is to ensure that the school is stamping for the correct person and not just someone with the exact same name :P

Advertisement