Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

sandwiches

Options
  • 24-06-2010 12:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 151 ✭✭

What are your favorite sandwich fillings, either vegan or vegetarian?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 489 ✭✭dermothickey

Humous, Lettuce, cherry tomatoes, and brie, sometimes with a bit of finely diced onion

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭flikflak

Harldy ever have sandwiches or buy fake meat style products but when I do I love a fake bacon, tomato, fried mushrooms in balsamic, avocado and rocket sandwich/roll of a lazy saturday morning all washed down with a gallon of tea mmmmmmmm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 250 ✭✭Delicate_Dlite

I'm not a great sandwich person, but I will eat anything with baby spinach and Balsamic vinegar. Yum Yum! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,452 ✭✭✭SomeFool

Toasted cheese with diced tomato/peppers and basil :)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

egg mayonaise, sweet corn, hard boiled eggs, veggie sausages, veggie burgers, cheese. fried mushrooms/onions. bout it! thats usually what i have...had this thing in college I called a nerd sandwich heh. Was just sweetcorn and lindamccartney sausages and ketchup...but I would put the ketchup on in the shape of a theta :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,128 ✭✭✭sweet-rasmus

Made sandwiches for my lunch today with Redwood 'ham', Plamil mayonnaise, lettuce and some home made guacamole. Yum! Never had guacamole in a sandwich before and I recommend it for bringing life to boring sandwiches :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,736 ✭✭✭Irish Guitarist

Quorn bacon style rashers and cheese in a toasted sandwich. They used to be my favourite anyway until something weird happened to my sandwich toaster and the bread started sticking to it. Last time I used it one slice of bread completely stuck to it. :(

I used to love Tesco meat free frankfurters wrapped in bread (or sometimes in a roll) with ketchup and mustard but I can't get them anymore. I've tried Quorn sausages but they're just not the same.

Banana sandwiches are nice. Then there's Hartleys strawberry jam. I'd like to try banana and jam in one sandwich but it seems a bit risky. I don't want to waste a good banana and two slices of bread if it isn't nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,452 ✭✭✭SomeFool

They used to be my favourite anyway until something weird happened to my sandwich toaster and the bread started sticking to it. Last time I used it one slice of bread completely stuck to it. :(

Try a bit of butter on the outside of the bread too, should stop it sticking to the toaster. Probably not ideal for the cholestrol levels though but works for me!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

I used to love Tesco meat free frankfurters wrapped in bread (or sometimes in a roll) with ketchup and mustard but I can't get them anymore. I've tried Quorn sausages but they're just not the same.
    I go up to newry to get them They have a great choice in veggie food up there in sainsburys and it's pretty cheap too.

How about a veggie forum quorn run. Lol. I'll charge €5 per person to get as much quorn as you like. :pac: (not including the cost of the items of course!!)

I love cucumber on lightly toasted bread with cheddar and a mix of mayo and ketchup.

I grew some lettuce in a window box and it's lovely with onion and cheese on bread.

And quorn satay skewers (Amazing) on a bread roll with tomato paste and scallion covered in melted mozerella. :eek: Best. Sambo. Ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭Ouchette

Grilled halloumi, peppers, courgette, mushroom and aubergine in ciabatta with a bit of chilli sauce and a tiny bit of mayo.

The cafe over the road does them and they start making one up when they see me coming now :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,736 ✭✭✭Irish Guitarist

SomeFool wrote: »
    Try a bit of butter on the outside of the bread too, should stop it sticking to the toaster. Probably not ideal for the cholestrol levels though but works for me!

I used to put spread like Flora or Clover on the outside of the bread. Butter might work better though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭Ms. Koi

SomeFool wrote: »

There is a one cal spray that we use (cos my sis can't use butter!!) and it's brilliant instead of butter on the side of the aul sambo maker!

I love a cheese and crisp sandwhich with a birra coleslaw!

My favourite sammich of all time though was in that ridiculously expensive make up/hair dressers Brown Sugar. I had a voucher for hair and make up for the debs last year and I got a ciabatta with hummus, spinach and lettuce...oh my wow it was amazing! Never paid for the sammich though...cos I didn't hand over cash etc, they forgot to ask me to pay and with all the fuss I forgot until about 2 weeks later!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,458 ✭✭✭CathyMoran

My big weakness is this:
    feta,
    black olives,
    tomato pesto.
    All in a crepe - I get it from the food market in meeting house square...yummy.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,028 ✭✭✭✭--LOS--

I had to drag this back up coz sandwiches are so under-rated imo

I just had....mayo, lettuce, cranberry sauce, feta, tomatoes. Cranberry sauce on any sandwich is the business!

make me more sandwiches veggies!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,571 ✭✭✭Aoifey!

Mayo, cheese, tomatoes and peppers just call out to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭monicafussy

Quorn ham slices, mayo ,lettuce, cheese , tomatoes, peppers and red onion, delic, can't wait for lunch tomorrow yummmmmmmmm

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Sandwiches area amazing! mmm

• Registered Users Posts: 3,805 ✭✭✭Setun

One of my own favorites has got to be goat's cheese with rocket, honey and walnuts on a toasted ciabatta. Delish ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭cosmic

Baby spinach, broccoli sprouts, red cheddar, cherry tomato and avocado on seedy bread. Yum!

Advertisement