Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

home entertainment..noob question

• 24-06-2010 1:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 432 ✭✭

hi
    if you wanted all your media (PC (music, Videos, pictures), Radio, DVD-player, TV) all to run off one system, what would you use? or is it possible?

slingbox looks like it might do it, but i would like to know what people are using.

not sure if its possible, but what i was hoping to do, was to be able to access all of the above from 3 tv's?

any suggestions or advice welcome.
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,236 ✭✭✭Idleater

Personally, I'd go with a Naim Uniti and a NAS. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 432 ✭✭LithiumKid1976

hi nerid
    thanks for that, it looks good, the NAS is a network attached storage?

is the NaimUniti mainly for audio though? it wont do video, tv or photos will it?

thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,236 ✭✭✭Idleater

hi nerid
    thanks for that, it looks good, the NAS is a network attached storage?

is the NaimUniti mainly for audio though? it wont do video, tv or photos will it?

thanks

Yeah, the NAS is where I store all my audio and video. I don't have a Uniti, but as an all in one audio player it is really good: amp, cd, radio, UPnP etc.

Of course, I assumed you'd have a TV or display of some description anyway since you mentioned 3 of them, but I don't care much for speakers on TV's hence why I recommend a separate system for audio.

There are cheaper equivalent boxes than the Uniti that act as UPnP/DLNA clients (an xBox or PS3 for example) and many TV's support this too, but of course I don't know your budget.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭MediaTank

Sounds like you need a media player such as the Popcorn Hour, Xtreamer or WD Live.

Any of these devices handle video, audio and images in a single box, either from an internal hard drive or from your home network.

Hi Mediatank
    that looks more what id be looking for. ive google the popcorn hour box, it looks fairly good, ill youtube the rest of them later, just to get an idea of what each is capable of.

thanks nereid and mediatank so far..im sure ill have more questions for ye later.

• Advertisement

Hi Media Tank
    They all look like what im after.
    are you using any of them? would you prefer one over the other?

also would you have any advice on a slinbox for doing the same work?

Thanks for your help so far.

Hi Media Tank
    They all look like what im after.
    are you using any of them? would you prefer one over the other?

also would you have any advice on a slinbox for doing the same work?

Thanks for your help so far.

Yes, I'm using a Popcorn Hour clone. Excellent piece of kit and a great user support community. Check out www.networkedmediatank.com

Haven't used Slingbox.

MT

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,048 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

How many TV's can be run from a single Xtreamer unit?

Quazzie wrote: »
    How many TV's can be run from a single Xtreamer unit?

1 :D

Advertisement