Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

mondeo mk3 oil filter removal tool?

• 24-06-2010 1:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭

lads...

anyone know where I can get one of these, will halfords have anything.?

also, side note:! Is the front Air Con pipe a PITA to remove (as having to remove 99.99% of the front of the car to gain access) ?

cheers.!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,313 ✭✭✭Mycroft H

Try get a wide mouth vice grips anything else is just useless, that includes all the strap ones and chain link ones....

As a very very last result you can put a screwdriver through it and remove it that way. But only if you can't remove it any other way

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭OldmanMondeo

If it is a diesle Mondeo you need a 34 or 34mm spanner to remove the cover for the paper element filter. No need to remove anypipes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭x in the city

Its a 01 petrol...

I have a oil wrench and it wont fit, what size is needed?

The AC pipe is leaking, I am wondering if its easy to remove. Its the one under the front bumper

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,792 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

Oil filter should only be hand tight.

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭nellocono

Hi X in the City,

Just out of curiosity, I have recently bought a Mondeo and am looking at servicing it myself...Where/what parts did you get for it? What type of oil? I was looking at Castrol Magnatec 5w30...

Just need to figure out how to do it now :D

• Advertisement

Oil filter should only be hand tight.

there is a yoke , cover whatever it is called covering the oil filter.. :rolleyes:

anyone. ?

nellocono wrote: »
    Hi X in the City,

Just out of curiosity, I have recently bought a Mondeo and am looking at servicing it myself...Where/what parts did you get for it? What type of oil? I was looking at Castrol Magnatec 5w30...

Just need to figure out how to do it now :D

5/30 is correct.

you might need HT leads, I changed mine, huge difference in performance.

as for the oil, well there is a mondeo specific tool needed to access the oil filter (which is paper), manufacturers sure don't make things easy to do eh. $$$$$$$$

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭Harcrid

The Mondeo takes a paper element filter so it has a housing over this which needs to be removed. Although it’s supposed to be only hand tight, a lot of mechanics seem to screw them on with all the force they can. I changed mine for the first time recently and had to use a generic Aldi oil filter removal strap on the housing with an extension bar to get it off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭okane1

36mm socket to remove the oil filter plastic cover. Ensure you fit a new o-ring when re-installing the cover, o-ring will come with the new filter. Think you tighten it to 8nm (its written on the plastic cover)

Advertisement