Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

eircom netopia software??(my cd is broken)

• 24-06-2010 1:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 32

Can anyone provide link to the software to router Motorola 2247-62. I can't find it anywhere on the web, and my cd got broken..

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,530 ✭✭✭swoofer

If you log on to router then look down left hand side, it will show software update, click on that and then you will get to website with latest software.

I am going from memory as I have a netgear plugged in at moment.

here is a link that should lead to software

//www.netopia.com/equipment/products/2200/index.html

gbcullen

ps I got to software by going to support, they then ask you for a few details, then you get access, enjoy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 317 ✭✭darth_maul

you don't require any software for a modem/router (only if one of the old USB ones), just connect it up to the pc and go to 192.168.1.254 in a web browser.

This will bring you to the router homepage.

Sorry GBCULLEN only seen your message now, I would say he isn't looking for a firmware update, just for the eircom setup software, which is not needed.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 pablop

I am asking for that coz I cannot find anywhere option to show how much I downloaded yet..I thought it's in the software but I dont remember now...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

No, the SW won't tell you how much you have downloaded. Some routers have it on their web management page
    Typically 192.168.0.254
    or
    or

Most ISPs have a website where you see your download.
    search here if your ISP is eircom
    http://eircomconnect.eircom.net/

I've been setting up Routers/Modems for years and never install SW for ethernet based router/Modems. You only need SW install for USB, PCIe, PCMCIA ExpressCard etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 241 ✭✭douglasman

pablop wrote: »
    Can anyone provide link to the software to router Motorola 2247-62. I can't find it anywhere on the web, and my cd got broken..

Firmware is available from the following link

http://www.netopia.com/support/intl/eircom/firmwareN.html

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

He doesn't need the firmware.

Advertisement