Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Slovakia v Italy 3 pm RTE 2 and ITV 1

• 24-06-2010 1:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

So then Slovakia with one draw against New Zealand and a loss against Paraguay meet Italy with two draws against the same sides. If Italy canna win this then clearly they deserve economy class tickets home

Team__Pld_____GD____Pts
    PAR---- 2
    ITA---- 2
    NZL---- 2
    SVK

Lippi

Teams news

Slovakia

Doubtful None
    Injured None
    Suspended None

Italy

Doubtful Pirlo (calf)
    Injured Buffon (back)
    Suspended None

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,630 ✭✭✭steelcityblues

Funny thing is, if both Italy and New Zealand win or draw by the same scoreline today:

(1) If they, say, both win 1-0, a coin toss to decide who wins the group!

(2) if they both draw 1-1, a coin toss to decide who goes through with Paraguay!

Crazy, but would not rule out either one happening!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,179 ✭✭✭RichTea

Azzurri XI:

MARCHETTI, ZAMBROTTA, CANNAVARO, CHIELLINI, CRISCITO, GATTUSO, DE ROSSI, MONTOLIVO, DI NATALE, IAQUINTA, PEPE

1,000th post and it gets to be about Italy. Nice!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭TripleAce

where can i watch this online? I am stuck at work in the UK this week and can't find it on itv.com!!! :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

TripleAce wrote: »
    where can i watch this online? I am stuck at work in the UK this week and can't find it on itv.com!!! :(

RTE are streaming their matches on http://www.eurovisionsports.tv/fifaworldcup/ and you can watch it anywhere in Europe.

It's good quality, no commentary or panel though.

Why didnt Italy bring aqualani?
    They need creativity and they are hardly blessed with quality attacking players who can unlock defences.

• Advertisement

Why didnt Italy bring aqualani?
    They need creativity and they are hardly blessed with quality attacking players who can unlock defences.

It's a fair point. Aquilani isn't what they're missing though. Montolivo and Marchisio perform that role in midfield far better than Alberto does.

The fact that Totti, Cassano AND Balotelli were left out though is hard to swallow. At least two of those three should have gone.

Lippi is already struggling to find that explosive, dangerous attacker in his tridente attack. Gilardino has floundered as usual. Simone Pepe is not very good at all. Vicenzon Iaquinta is fairly useless.

Di Natale is a terrific player, hopefully his starting berth can help Italy get that incision that they so desperately need.

I thought Totti retired after the last World Cup.

The only reason I think of him is because he can play midfield,second striker and right wing,I would have thought versatility would be a must in a wc squad.

IvySlayer wrote: »
    RTE are streaming their matches on http://www.eurovisionsports.tv/fifaworldcup/ and you can watch it anywhere in Europe.

It's good quality, no commentary or panel though.

:(

Access Restrictions - 2010 FIFA World Cup South Africa™
    2010 FIFA World Cup South Africa™ video content on the European Broadcasting Union (EBU) streaming video portal may only be viewed in certain EBU territories as noted below:
    Albania, Armenia, Austria, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Belgium, Bosnia And Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Estonia, Georgia, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Israel, Kazakstan, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Macedonia, Malta, Moldova, Montenegro, Netherlands, Portugal, Romania, Russia, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia, Switzerland, Turkey and Ukraine.
    As we cannot confirm that you are accessing this service from within these territories we regret that you will be unable to view the content.

IvySlayer wrote: »
    I thought Totti retired after the last World Cup.

He did but he had hinted that he would return if Lippi asked him to come along. Lippi called Totti to tell him that he would not be selected.
    The only reason I think of him is because he can play midfield,second striker and right wing,I would have thought versatility would be a must in a wc squad.

Aquilani is a very versatile player, granted, but second striker is a bit of a push. Montolivo and Marchisio play those roles well anyway. And then you have Camoranesi, Palombo, De Rossi, Pirlo etc in midfield. Very tough to bring everyone.

I can safely say that Aquilani will be given another opportunity when Cesare Prandelli takes over from Lippi in July.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

I love the Italian National Anthem, its like 2 in 1 :D. Far and away the best in the competition.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,014 ✭✭✭✭titan18

The blonde they just showed there was spectacular

The normally cool Lippi, looking very nervous during the anthems!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,435 ✭✭✭✭redout

For some reason I have no confidence in Italy to put in a performance - am I alone ?

Might well qualify but I dont think we will see them perform.

Iaquinta ya greedy bastard.

Fecks sake Hamsik. Fantastic player, but not been great in this tournament at all. What a chance.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,527 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

TripleAce wrote: »
    :(

Access Restrictions - 2010 FIFA World Cup South Africa™
    2010 FIFA World Cup South Africa™ video content on the European Broadcasting Union (EBU) streaming video portal may only be viewed in certain EBU territories as noted below:
    Albania, Armenia, Austria, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Belgium, Bosnia And Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Estonia, Georgia, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Israel, Kazakstan, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Macedonia, Malta, Moldova, Montenegro, Netherlands, Portugal, Romania, Russia, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia, Switzerland, Turkey and Ukraine.
    As we cannot confirm that you are accessing this service from within these territories we regret that you will be unable to view the content.

I don't know if you can access this, but I'm watching it here (French commentary though):

http://coupe-du-monde-2010.sport.francetv.fr/video-direct

This has all teh makings of a wretchedly dull encouter. Can all the teams in this group be eliminated please?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Fizman

For anyone familiar with the 'Band of Brothers' series.......Gattuso always reminds me of Bill "Gonorrhea" Garnier. :D

Italy have scored in 13 consecutive World Cup matches, currently the longest run in the competition, ahead of Chile (eight).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 700 ✭✭✭Prufrock

Poor from both teams so far.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

GET IN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,604 ✭✭✭Kev_ps3

wow Italy could be going home

1-0 Slovakia :eek:

Vittek!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

Goal Slovakia - poor pass by De Rossi and poor by the keeper as well

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,326 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

Good goal,

Terrible pass from Di Rossi,

This should liven things up,

Italy simply must go for it now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,614 ✭✭✭The Sparrow

Go on the Slovakia!!!!

Nice finish by Vitek

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,591 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

Oh dear. The Italians have been dire. Decent finish.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 700 ✭✭✭Prufrock

Go Slovakia :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Bob the Seducer

Back of the net! Kiss my face!

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭DJCR

Seriously ...... like how???

USA qualify top of their group .... Italy could be going out !! WHATS GOING ON!!!

that Italy defence, looking confused and slow again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,614 ✭✭✭The Sparrow

that Italy defence, looking confused and slow again.

That's because it is confused and slow!:)

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

DJCR wrote: »
    Seriously ...... like how???

USA qualify top of their group .... Italy could be going out !! WHATS GOING ON!!!

It has been a very very weird World Cup!

• Advertisement

These Italians dives are embarrassing. Should've booked him Webb.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭_Bella_

Italy have come from behind twice in the last two games to secure a draw... they need a win though don't they?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Bob the Seducer

Cannavaro's been booked now.

Not if Paraguay beat NZ, but they shouldn't rely on that!

_Bella_ wrote: »
    Italy have come from behind twice in the last two games to secure a draw... they need a win though don't they?

If Paraguay win and Italy draw, they'll go through. As it stands. Paraguay and Slovakia going through.

• Advertisement

Cannavaro lucky not to be off!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,164 ✭✭✭Cypher_sounds

This has a live group standings

http://www.livescore.com/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,928 ✭✭✭dubmick

Cannavaro lucky not to be off!

+1. Howard Webb bottled it.

It has been a very very weird World Cup!

Its been a very poor standard as well unfortuntely ... most of the games have been rather boring to watch !!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭_Bella_

I reckon Cannavaro might be taken off soon

That Italian bench looks pretty glum - that tennis game that is 59-59 in the fifth set is coming on, can't stand this game!

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Italy will go through on goals scored I reckon

That Italian bench looks pretty glum - that tennis game that is 59-59 in the fifth set is coming on, can't stand this game!

class ... watching it now instead!!

accidental by Gattuso!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,597 ✭✭✭dan1895

thats heroic if that chap comes back on, fair do's

• Advertisement
Advertisement