Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Slovakia v Italy 3 pm RTE 2 and ITV 1

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,630 ✭✭✭steelcityblues

Think Slovakia are in for a hard time against Holland, but well done to them!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,793 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

Slovakia took every oppurtunity to waste time towards the end... almost Italian like!

Did Lippi storm off without shaking the Slovakian managers hand?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,837 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

Who would have thought that before the start of the competition???
    Mad stuff altogether.
    England and Germany did well getting through considering! ;)

• Site Banned Posts: 2,719 ✭✭✭DB10

patmac wrote: »
    Disgraceful stuff from the Slovaks in the end as soon as FIFA does something about the play acting the better, effective though.

Italy were just as bad.

Quaglilera was a disgrace!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

ITV commentator

" Cannavaro dissapears, possibly forever"

Has he links to the Mafia or what?

He's off to the Middle East after this

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

Best match of the tournement so far.

GG Slovakia.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

The Italians can have no complaints, they let in 3 goals after all and only woke up when it was too late.

Well done the hard bald men of the Balkans (and the silly-bouffanted striker).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,288 ✭✭✭MayoForSam

Epic game, this WC is really starting to heat up. Slovakia deserved to go through with their attacking attitude, so much for Italian defending.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,350 ✭✭✭Het-Field

This World Cup is beginning to look more and more like the 2002 Edition. So many big names heading hime in the first round, with more to come in the second round thanks to poor performances by the likes of England.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 85,579 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Italy did no playacting today and were absolute saints of course. :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

Mr. Guappa wrote: »
    Slovakia took every oppurtunity to waste time towards the end... almost Italian like!

Did Lippi storm off without shaking the Slovakian managers hand?

Went straight into the tunnel according to RTE - so I'd say he didn't shake his hand!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 85,579 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Italy did no playacting today and were absolute saints of course. :rolleyes:
    I didnt even get to watch the video feed, but that doesnt surprise me.

Elbow my team in the face... that'll learn ya.

My only disappointment is we won't get to kick their asses ourselves.

DB10 wrote: »
    Italy were just as bad.

Quaglilera was a disgrace!

You mean when he was man handled onto the ground by the defender after he tried to get the ball out of the net while the Slovak keeper was wasting time?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Great second half. The Italians were unlucky in that it was never offside for the disallowed goal, but conversely you'd be hard pressed to say they deserved to go through to the Last 16. They showed some good spirit to keep getting themselves back into it, but that was betrayed by some awful, awful defending. That 3rd Slovakian goal was laughable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,343 ✭✭✭Ardent

Great finish to the game. Italians left it too late, which is a pity.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭_Bella_

Italians only have themselves to blame, if they played like they did towards the end of the second half they could have won the group easily

• Site Banned Posts: 2,719 ✭✭✭DB10

Seaneh wrote: »
    You mean when he was man handled onto the ground by the defender after he tried to get the ball out of the net while the Slovak keeper was wasting time?

Man handled?

He was barely touched and yet he went down crying and rolling like he recieved a Mike Tyson knockout blow.

There wasn't even a striking action. Pathetic that was.

Mind you the Slovakian keeper was a joke as well.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,102 ✭✭✭Stinicker

I am delighted for the Slovakians, there must be some hell of a party in Bratislava now, I can imagine a Slovakian baby boom there is about 9 months time after this ;):eek: Delighted to see the Italians crash and burn, they are a negative side and after the Materrazi incident against France 4 years ago I lost any respect I had for them. The goal mouth incident today was more cyncial Italian play.

I hope the Slovaks can topple the Dutch next!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,591 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

Stinicker wrote: »
    I don't.

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭DJCR

DB10 wrote: »
    Man handled?

He was barely touched and yet he went down crying and rolling like he recieved a Mike Tyson knockout blow.

Yeah imagine the stir if he just lay still on the pitch!!! :D:D:D:D
    Justa havin a nappa!!

The Italian in the goalmouth was not struck by the keeper, it was pure play acting and trying to get a man sent off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,928 ✭✭✭dubmick

game of the tournament so far imo

That was a decent chance to equalise at the end

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,778 ✭✭✭Pauleta

Thats what happens when you dont bring the likes of Totti and Cassano to the World Cup.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭DJCR

Stinicker wrote: »

THis will be a fantastic match of a Dutch team that has the ability to flow and create some decent chances being bottled up by a 11 man Greek style defence.

1 - 0 to Holland or even a draw and the penalties!! Not going to love that match!:(

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,527 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Overheal wrote: »
    I didnt even get to watch the video feed, but that doesnt surprise me.

Elbow my team in the face... that'll learn ya.

My only disappointment is we won't get to kick their asses ourselves.

Don't forget to keep hatin' Brazil too!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

This has all teh makings of a wretchedly dull encouter. Can all the teams in this group be eliminated please?

:p:D:pac:

Best second half of the World Cup so far.

Pirlo really showed heart and passion, he made quite a difference. Slovakia deserved it and I was delighted with them and their celebrations. Bad show by Lippi, no shaky.

The diving by both teams were disgraceful though. Especially that Italian lad who was clutching his face. Also, that Italian keeper is awful.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭JerryHandbag

Still think Holland will eat them alive. Slovakia were crap in their first 2 games, although this win will give them huge confidence.

So rude of Lippi not to shake the Slovakian managers hand

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭Finical

Martin Škrtel...HERO!!! :D

Cracking match.

• Registered Users Posts: 903 ✭✭✭bernardo mac

Great stuff from the Slovaks.Italy in 2006 not great champions.Revenge for Zidane.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,009 ✭✭✭kronsington

italy were truly terrible the whole tournament and deserved to be dumped on their ar5e- good riddance

IvySlayer wrote: »
    :p:D:pac:

Best second half of the World Cup so far.

Pirlo really showed heart and passion, he made quite a difference. Slovakia deserved it and I was delighted with them and their celebrations. Bad show by Lippi, no shaky.

The diving by both teams were disgraceful though. Especially that Italian lad who was clutching his face. Also, that Italian keeper is awful.

Cheers, I was going to back and quote myself :D

edit: seems this was my 10,000th post. Bit of a waste.

New Zealand didn't lose a game at this World Cup - respect to them too!

mike65 wrote: »
    The Italian in the goalmouth was not struck by the keeper, it was pure play acting and trying to get a man sent off.

The defender grabbed him around the back of the neck and pushed him onto the ground.

Ref should have been sent off for the way he manhandled the Slovak guy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,614 ✭✭✭The Sparrow

Game of the tournament. LOL at those saying they were switching to the tennis.
    That Italian bench looks pretty glum - that tennis game that is 59-59 in the fifth set is coming on, can't stand this game!
    DJCR wrote: »
    class ... watching it now instead!!
    mailburner wrote: »
    ive switched to tennis also
    gotta be better than this
    france were 5/2 not to qualify
    dunno bout italy but id say nearly twice that

I'm not sure football is the game for you all!

Anyone know who the topscorer of the tournament so far?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 178 ✭✭Thepones

What a game!

Italy are left with some real problems going forward now. It does not seem like they have a lot coming through.

• Advertisement

Its a game of two halves.

_Bella_ wrote: »

Higuain with 3 I believe

I ended up flicking back and forward during the second half (much better than the first half!), history made in both - longest ever tennis match, most aces etc and the very first time that Italy finished bottom of their group!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,046 ✭✭✭eZe^

Get off the high horse there mate, that tennis match will be remembered as one of the most bizarre in the history of sport.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

Higuaín and Vittek are top at 3 each.

Still Higuain - the only player on 3 goals, but I have a feeling David Villa will catch him tomorrow!

EDIT: Oh yeah, Vittek scored against NZ, not that I was intrigued by that match, lol!

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭sandt

fantastic 2nd half, kinda sad to see the italians going home, always had a soft spot for them :o

Higuain with 3 I believe

Tied with Vittel

Golden boot comptition

List here of everyone with 2 goals +

Robert Vittek Slovakia 3
    Gonzalo Higuain Argentina 3
    Lee Jung-Soo Korea Rep. 2
    Asamoah Gyan Ghana 2
    Elano Brazil 2
    Diego Forlan Uruguay 2
    Kalu Uche Nigeria 2
    Landon Donovan USA 2
    Brett Holman Australia 2
    Luis Fabiano Brazil 2
    Tiago Portugal 2
    David Villa Spain 2

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,614 ✭✭✭The Sparrow

eZe^ wrote: »
    Get off the high horse there mate, that tennis match will be remembered as one of the most bizarre in the history of sport.

I never commented on the quality of the tennis game. I was merely pointing out that it was a bit ridiculous to write this game off half way through.

Especially since at the time Slovakia were leading the world champions.

No high horse here!:)

Advertisement