Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Slovakia v Italy 3 pm RTE 2 and ITV 1

123457»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭DJCR

Game of the tournament. LOL at those saying they were switching to the tennis.

I'm not sure football is the game for you all!

Hmmm... I watched both !!! Still think the World Cup has been dissapointing so far.... syaing that, the last 25 mins of this one were good!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭_Bella_

So far 72 people have scored in this tournament

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

Who said France had the easiest group?:confused:
    Did Liam not see England's?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,353 ✭✭✭MR NINE

Funny how many people are complaining about "Quaglilera" play-acting and noone mentions the amount of time Slovakian players spent on the ground.....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,630 ✭✭✭steelcityblues

Nothing 'easy' about France's group, with the hosts, and two other nations with a respectable WC history.

The fact that Italy were in with a team who only made it once before decades ago, and a newcomer, shows which is the bigger shock of the two!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 517 ✭✭✭lisbon_lions

I still remember these scenes from last October and the emotional interview with the manager, Weiss @ 3:50, and was rooting for them ever since.....

What it should mean to represent your country....congrats Slovakia!!!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,798 ✭✭✭karma_

Fair play to Slovakia. They were positive in the match, played much better than Italy and totally deserved to win. They had a nervy few mins before the end but there were tired legs on both sides and gaps opened up.Unlike many teams who are one up they still chased the game and their passing and interplay was great to watch. It also totally blows the notion that small nations have to play a certain brand of football out of the water. why cant Ireland play attractive football like this?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭carlop

Stinicker wrote: »
    I am delighted for the Slovakians, there must be some hell of a party in Bratislava now, I can imagine a Slovakian baby boom there is about 9 months time after this ;):eek: Delighted to see the Italians crash and burn, they are a negative side and after the Materrazi incident against France 4 years ago I lost any respect I had for them. The goal mouth incident today was more cyncial Italian play.

I hope the Slovaks can topple the Dutch next!

I generally expect a lot of Italy bashing, but this is ridiculous. How can you lose respect for them when one of their players is floored with a headbutt??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 85,579 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

carlop wrote: »
    I generally expect a lot of Italy bashing, but this is ridiculous. How can you lose respect for them when one of their players is floored with a headbutt??
    Wait, you mean an Italy player was actually injured, not play-injured?

/boggles.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

carlop wrote: »

Because Zidane didn't headbutt him for the craic of it, it was because Materrazi said something that was over the line to Zidane (was it about his mother or sister, not sure which!)

• Advertisement

Because Zidane didn't headbutt him for the craic of it, it was because Materrazi said something that was over the line to Zidane (was it about his mother or sister, not sure which!)

And you honestly think this doesn't happen on every pitch all over the world all the time?

Overheal wrote: »
    Wait, you mean an Italy player was actually injured, not play-injured?

/boggles.

As sad as it is, this is part of football and every team does it. It is by no means restricted to only Italians.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

oh for **** sake, there isn't a team in the world who doesn't regularly have players on it who thrash talk the opposition.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

Mr Alan wrote: »
    oh for **** sake, there isn't a team in the world who doesn't regularly have players on it who thrash talk the opposition.

Same can be said of diving and feigning injury as well!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

exactly, that's why its retarded to hate a team and state your reason being they have a player dives or feigns injury.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,082 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

Cannavaro stayed on too long. A prime Canavaro and Nesta at the heart of the Italian defence would never concede such sloppy goals. It would have been sickening if Italy had managed to qualify at the death. It will be some night in Bratislava!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭KELTICKNIGHTT

on full 90 mins plus,the best team won,italy left it too late too draw,there luck ran out for italy,just played poor,

• Registered Users Posts: 903 ✭✭✭bernardo mac

Mr Alan wrote: »

and I foolishly believing that international tournaments,including football, are held,in part, to promote better communications and cultural understanding between nations...:rolleyes:

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,527 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

There have been a few teams who have not resorted to cheating and I find it much easier to get behind them than teams who simply have no qualms about throwing themselves about to get their opponents punished.

I can't condone Slovakia's time-wasting at the end, but I can at least understand it as a means to an end. Italy on the other hand, seem to have cheating bred into them to such an extent that even when they desperately need to score a goal themselves they prefer to lie about crying for the ref to sanction the other team.

I used to always want Italy to do well, especially during the Baggio years, but nowadays I'd be just as happy if they ****ed off in the group stages every time. Same with Portugal, France and, even though they have the potential to play sublime football, Spain and Chile.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭chughes

I loved that comment where Stephen Alkin described Pirlo as the ace in Lippi's hole.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,179 ✭✭✭RichTea

Advertisement