Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need someone to go up on my roof?

Options
  • 24-06-2010 2:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭

The wire has been disconnected from my sky dish which is up on the roof of my 3 storey gaff. The sky man who originally came said that he wasn't insured and would need 2 ladders to get up there. For €50 he said he'd go up there but would have to ask around to get a roof ladder. But he can't get one.
    Anyone know of someone who could do it for me?
    thx

Comments

Be very careful with this, if uninsured sky man falls it's a World of pain for both of ye.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,807 ✭✭✭castie

Bill-e wrote: »
    The wire has been disconnected from my sky dish which is up on the roof of my 3 storey gaff. The sky man who originally came said that he wasn't insured and would need 2 ladders to get up there. For €50 he said he'd go up there but would have to ask around to get a roof ladder. But he can't get one.
    Anyone know of someone who could do it for me?
    thx

Get an insured sky man to do it?

Ring them up and tell them the problem

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭disco biscuit

I know a man who might be able to do it for you.I can pm his number to you if you like.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭54kroc

From my own experience the insurance line is usually bull as is him having to ask around for a cat ladder,These are excuses for charging more.
    Don't let anyone up there who is uninsured and be prepared to pay more than €50 which is way off the mark imo.
    Where are you located?

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭dunleakelleher

RoverJames wrote: »
    Be very careful with this, if uninsured sky man falls it's a World of pain for both of ye.
    falls from a 3 story building. no pain. if they do ask at the inquest just say you he was robing the place. he is not going to answer back.:D

• Advertisement
Advertisement