Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Technology H.L ( The last exam of the whole Leaving cert)

• 24-06-2010 2:30pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 814 ✭✭✭

So the Technology exam is tomorrow.
    How is the study gong? What sections are you doing?
    Do ye have any tips on what key parts to study,etc?:D

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭unknown13

Study is going ok but its hard considering its my only exam of the whole week. Doing ict and materials technology

• Registered Users Posts: 16 d3athstar

I'm studying Electronics and Control, Manufacturing Systems and Materials Technology... Only have 2 days to study for it, I have 2 folders 1 full and half full and its just pure notes >_<
    It's going to be hell for me..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 814 ✭✭✭NotExactly

d3athstar wrote: »
    I'm studying Electronics and Control, Manufacturing Systems and Materials Technology... Only have 2 days to study for it, I have 2 folders 1 full and half full and its just pure notes >_<
    It's going to be hell for me..

Where do you get the notes from? All I have is power points a videos etc.Your doing 3 options?

NotExactly wrote: »
    Where do you get the notes from? All I have is power points a videos etc.Your doing 3 options?

My teacher gave it to us printed everything from notes on t4 and other ones from the books he has, he's real sound but sometimes we feel like we're being spoon-fed with these notes due to the other half of the class joining technology and thinking it would be piss easy like the junior.
    Hmm I might do 3 options, it depends if I still have time left. I'm just trying to cover my ass so that if the one of the 2 options I have chosen is real hard I still have a back-up to go on to ^^

My teacher gave it to us printed everything from notes on t4 and other ones from the books he has, he's real sound but sometimes we feel like we're being spoon-fed with these notes due to the other half of the class joining technology and thinking it would be piss easy like the junior.
    Hmm I might do 3 options, it depends if I still have time left. I'm just trying to cover my ass so that if the one of the 2 options I have chosen is real hard I still have a back-up to go on to ^^

Ah I see, I basically have the whole course on my memory stick(the course is all over the place) How did yere projects go?
    3 Options:eek: I'll be tight for time doing 2 options never mind 3.But I heard they may be giving less questions to make up for it being such a ''tight for time'' exam:rolleyes:

• Advertisement

NotExactly wrote: »
    Ah I see, I basically have the whole course on my memory stick(the course is all over the place) How did yere projects go?
    3 Options:eek: I'll be tight for time doing 2 options never mind 3.But I heard they may be giving less questions to make up for it being such a ''tight for time'' exam:rolleyes:

They should do that in my opinion, the Materials Technology in mocks was unbelievably long >_> I didn't even get to finish the test and I got 65%. Not to be bragging but I barely studied for technology at that time because I had to focus more on my DCG project and report.
    Project went okay.. but I could've done better I guess. Part of it was my fault because I was just really lazy, only did 65-70 pages for my report font 13 with solidworks drawings for every part I used.
    If you want to see my project feel free to.
    How did your project go?

• Registered Users Posts: 864 ✭✭✭stainluss

Many people are focusing on the Options, so would it be fair to say that Section A is expected to be completely random society Qs and the Core section being JC stuff?:confused:

stainluss wrote: »
    Many people are focusing on the Options, so would it be fair to say that Section A is expected to be completely random society Qs and the Core section being JC stuff?:confused:

Well Section A is 72 marks, Section B is 48 marks and Section C is 80 marks.
    Section A is 36%, B is 24% and C is 40%. So studying section C is somehow covering bits and pieces of section A, but that's my own opinion though anyway =/ I'm hoping to get an A2 on this and if I'm lucky an A1. Time management is the one thing I'm bad at though >_<

• Registered Users Posts: 3,623 ✭✭✭double GG

d3athstar, did u put that picture into your folder? :o

double GG wrote: »
    d3athstar, did u put that picture into your folder? :o

No, why?

• Advertisement

No, why?

B'cos you can see its not took in school!

My Teacher told our class that when he was marking projects and folders, he was told to "dock" marks from students who had took pics at home if you know what I mean. ;)

Looks a nice project btw :)

If you want to see my project feel free to.

How does your project work? Looks well btw.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭seanbmc

I have been off since Bilogy last thursday not in the mood for studying , just going to concentrate on the options. ICT FTW :D And Materials Technology is reasonable enough.

Anyone else feel the same way?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 lulu.x

hey, can someone tell me if you have a choice in the option question? like is it just a coincidence that last years paper and the mocks had a choice between robotics and pneumatics in applied control systems or do you have to do both just in case? thanks :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Deegan92

seanbmc wrote: »
    I have been off since Bilogy last thursday not in the mood for studying , just going to concentrate on the options. ICT FTW :D And Materials Technology is reasonable enough.

Anyone else feel the same way?

Yea. Im in the same boat, last test was monday, Physics >_>
    Im ready for the tech but the wait has been killing me

lulu.x wrote: »
    hey, can someone tell me if you have a choice in the option question? like is it just a coincidence that last years paper and the mocks had a choice between robotics and pneumatics in applied control systems or do you have to do both just in case? thanks :)

No, you will have a choice between robotics and pneumatics. (c or d)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 Snas

This is so stupid, half of the course isn't in this crappy book!

Tough Paper in my opinion what did everyone else think

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭Crow92

Not too bad of a paper guys?? what do you think??

Crow92 wrote: »
    Not too bad of a paper guys?? what do you think??

I thought it was good enough, Id say I got around 2 or 3 of the long bits (i, or ii) wrong so Im happy.

Bit of a waste of time studying the difficult stuff when many Qs were common sense (e.g. advantages of LAN)

What did people get for the efficiency in Section A?

I got 95% but I think may be wrong, I did MA/VR??

• Advertisement

stainluss wrote: »

What did people get for the efficiency in Section A?

I got 95% but I think may be wrong, I did MA/VR??

Yes I got 95% for it aswell! :pac:

The paper on a whole was pretty hard, short questions were handy enough though and a few parts of the long questions were nice enough but, other less than so. Still hoping for a B1/2/3 though :D

Snas wrote: »
    This is so stupid, half of the course isn't in this crappy book!

I'm guessing you have that terrible light blue book right?

Absolute nothing in it!

double GG wrote: »
    I'm guessing you have that terrible light blue book right?

Absolute nothing in it!

Yes. That book shouldn't be used by schools because it is fúcking awful.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭seanbmc

The short questions were the hardest imo.

Yeah, I taught the same thing. They were tricky.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 Snas

unknown13 wrote: »
    Yes. That book shouldn't be used by schools because it is fúcking awful.

When I was researching my brief I found that some of the book is just copied and pasted from wikipedia. And the rest is copied from the junior cert book. And it's falling apart. Oh well it's over now. :)

Ah not really, thought they were okay.

Snas wrote: »
    When I was researching my brief I found that some of the book is just copied and pasted from wikipedia. And the rest is copied from the junior cert book. And it's falling apart. Oh well it's over now. :)

We dont have do deal with it;)

I dont think I would advise 4yrs from picking it though. Without speaking too quickly, I think I did ok :)

Advertisement