Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

spray plastering walls,

• 24-06-2010 2:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭

looking for information on spray plastering, compaired to traditional plastering using a trowel & hawk to apply plaster,..any ideas on cost, speed,quality of finnish etc etc ,....thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,167 ✭✭✭gsxr1

lensman wrote: »
    looking for information on spray plastering, compaired to traditional plastering using a trowel & hawk to apply plaster,..any ideas on cost, speed,quality of finnish etc etc ,....thanks

Its terrible. dont let the sales man tell you Monocouche is better than sand and cement or dash.

we built a load of apartment blocks and finished them in the stuff. Its messy. its also hard to get lads that care about its application . If it get damaged or cracks it is nearly impossible to repair correctly.

they also says it repels water. I could show you pics to prove different. It holds water and algee forms turning some north walls black and green.

I would stay well away from the stuff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,223 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

gsxr1 wrote: »
    Its terrible. dont let the sales man tell you Monocouche is better than sand and cement or dash.

we built a load of apartment blocks and finished them in the stuff. Its messy. its also hard to get lads that care about its application . If it get damaged or cracks it is nearly impossible to repair correctly.

they also says it repels water. I could show you pics to prove different. It holds water and algee forms turning some north walls black and green.

Agree, i'd go so far as to say it isn't really suitable for the general Irish Climate,

the same way some bricks are not.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭lensman

Agree, i'd go so far as to say it isn't really suitable for the general Irish Climate,

the same way some bricks are not.
    sorry folks,..I ment for internal walls on plaster boards ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

Dont know much about it to be honest. Seen it done in America, but id prefer a skimcoat finish.. like sticking with what i know.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,223 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

lensman wrote: »
    sorry folks,..I ment for internal walls on plaster boards ?

I don't know much about it internally either, sorry i assumed you meant outside rendering,

As above poster said, i'd stick with skimcoat as it is what i know.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 5,100 Mod ✭✭✭✭kadman

gsxr1 wrote: »

Any chance of seeing some of those pics. Was it your own batching, or was it delivered mixed.

kadman

Advertisement