Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Paraguay v New Zealand

• 24-06-2010 3:01pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭

Come on the All Whites Blacks!

Amazing achievement to still be in the running at this stage considering they only have a pool of 25 professional players to pick from.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

Team of the tournament so far, funny how two draws can mean so much more to one country than another. Getting their first point was fantastic, the second was bordering on a miracle (which could have been better were it not for an iffy penalty).

Players with stints at Scarborough and AFC Wimbledon will do for me, think Paraguay will probably turn them over though.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,527 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Has this started yet?I can't see any text updates on eurosport yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

Has this started yet?I can't see any text updates on eurosport yet.

BBC say Paraquay have a lot more possession but no chances yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

I'm watching it and it kicked off bang on time.

No chances at either end.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Fizman

NZ have done very well so far but I think that the South American teams have more of an edge over the lesser nations than some of the European and African counterparts. I fancy Paraguay by a goal or two. The pitch looks immaculate too btw!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,682 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

cant believe Barrios isnt playing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,682 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

i know now why Cardozo doesnt start regularly for Paraguay

Nelsen out of the next game if NZ make it through

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

Any excitement in this game?? Can't watch it

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

2-0 Slovakia in the other game

• Advertisement

Paston to the rescue! He's had some tournament considering he's only their second choice keeper.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,282 ✭✭✭Glico Man

Got off lucky there, good defending and keeping

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭JerryHandbag

Cmon NZ a goal and ye're through!! I think?

Cmon NZ a goal and ye're through!! I think?

They'd win the group afaik!

They'd win the group afaik!

You're right! just checked...would be unreal. COME ON!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 186 ✭✭kabuk1

Poor New Zealand. Such a great showing! They went through unbeaten, but unfortunately, it just wasn't enough.

Great tournament for NZ and they gave a superb account of themselves despite getting slated before it.

Well done

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 947 ✭✭✭Shzm

Done a nation proud they have.

Well done NZ, for such a small footballing nation to go unbeaten in the WC, when you see the likes of France and Italy, big footballing nations getting beaten, New Zealand did very well and gave a good account of themselves

In the days of a 24 team World cup, 3 draws would probably have been enough to qualify. Delighted to see the likes of USA and NZ doing themselves proud, where soccer isnt their first sport :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭KELTICKNIGHTT

they did good in world cup,even ahead of italy in group,some record too take home

Advertisement