Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Airsoft stuff you regret selling.

• 24-06-2010 3:26pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,464 ✭✭✭✭

I've an wanted ad up in airsoft adverts for a VFC Scar.

My first AEG was a VFC Scar-L DX which I sold recently to fund for my G&P Magpul M4 MOE..
    However I really miss my baby and the buyer won't sell it back to me :mad:
    So what have you sold that you really regret and would buy it back in a heartbeat if you got the chance.

Here's my baby :(
    VFCSCAR-Lwithaccessories.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,509 ✭✭✭Damo 2k9

My first aeg :( :P
    Galaxy mp5k pdw, cheap and cheerful :)
    Only traded it because i wanted a assault rifle of some sort, thinking back i would have rathered the mp5k rather than the m4 i got :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 913 ✭✭✭fayer

That gun that fired the metal pellets........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭mle1324

My G&G m4 plastica but if I didnt get rid of it I wouldn't have my beloved 416 :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,561 ✭✭✭andy_g

fayer wrote: »
    That gun that fired the metal pellets........

And that contributes to this how?
    either post a decent post on the thread or post nothing at all. not that hard to be honest

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,261 ✭✭✭Puding

tm sig 552 with hurricane body, sold on boards some time back

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭Shiva

This

I know where she is though, and one day, she will be mine again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭BeardySi

My Maruzen M870... not the greatest of guns, but great fun and a dream to use/handle/fondle... :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 553 ✭✭✭McGilla

Sc@recrow wrote: »
    I've an wanted ad up in airsoft adverts for a VFC Scar.

My first AEG was a VFC Scar-L DX which I sold recently to fund for my G&P Magpul M4 MOE..
    However I really miss my baby and the buyer won't sell it back to me :mad:
    So what have you sold that you really regret and would buy it back in a heartbeat if you got the chance.

Here's my baby :(
    VFCSCAR-Lwithaccessories.jpg

Thats really nice!:eek: Id regret selling it too! -
    Should we start awhole new thread with stuff we regret buying aswell?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,464 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

McGilla wrote: »
    Should we start awhole new thread with stuff we regret buying aswell?

jesus..the thread could run for years :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,463 ✭✭✭Leftyflip

My 1911

*sadface*

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,502 ✭✭✭defenderdude

life is too short for regrets...

save up and buy another.:p:)

it was a nice scar tho...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

Its like the first pint you buy with your first ever wage ,
    Cold and Just right and you will never find another as good as the first,

But you will keep searching

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,200 ✭✭✭J.D.R

he first proper pistol I ever owned. A Deagle 50 AE bought from Hobby airsoft for €100. It was an animal. Full metal, could go full auto and empty the 21 rnd mag in about 5 seconds. It was a beast.

But, in my naievity, I thougth I couldn't afford it, cause it was costing me €1 for 60 shots, which I did not like at the time.

Then, the bigggest mistake of my life. I traded the deagle for a ... Taurus 24/7. I knwo I know, not exactly a matched trade, but I was only into airsoft about a week at the time, and not knowing how really lucky I was to get a deagle for 100, I traded it for the 24/7 cause I figured, it costs €70, so there can't be much difference is quality.

How wrong I was. Don't get me wrong, it fired straight and I got around 250 shots per €, but it was like going from a Lambourgini to a smart car. Overall, more efficient, but just not the same machine.

Can't wait till I get one again

• Closed Accounts Posts: 323 ✭✭birdman 1979

My Glock 18c, what a fun gun. I sold it to a mate when i was on the dole. 8 weeks later i got my job back. He then would not sell it back to me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,464 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

My Glock 18c, what a fun gun. I sold it to a mate when i was on the dole. 8 weeks later i got my job back. He then would not sell it back to me.

I love my G18c..tempted to sell it but every so often I bring it out and realise how much fun it is and swear to myself not a chance will i sell it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

Shiva wrote: »
    This

I know where she is though, and one day, she will be mine again.
    Shiva that looks incredible! How did it perform and how much was it? Would love one myself!!

MagicIRL wrote: »
    Shiva that looks incredible! How did it perform and how much was it? Would love one myself!!

It was fantastic. It had amazing range, and it was fairly weathered when I bought it second hand, so it just looked incredibly realistic. I remember whenever I brought it out to old HRTA (The first old one, not the second one ) it always caused a bit of a stir. It never gave me a bit of trouble - that was back when Classic Army knew how to build guns.

I think I paid €320 for the whole package - I bought it off a guy in Northern Ireland. I drove up one Wednesday to collect it, and told the missus it was a work meeting I was going to.

Johhny Kenna pestered me for months to sell it to him, and in a fit of madness one day, I gave in. And the bugger sold it on within a few weeks. I've never forgiven him :)

But its still with the guy he sold it to, and he doesnt use it - I've been bugging him about it every time he comes into the shop, and I think he;s starting to crack.

If you really want one, Moggy has a fantastic GBB version for sale in adverts. Half tempted to buy that off him meself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭bullets

I'm sorry I'm a bit confused this word "sell" I dont know
    what it means. I'm only familiar with buying :D:D

~B

It was fantastic. It had amazing range, and it was fairly weathered when I bought it second hand, so it just looked incredibly realistic. I remember whenever I brought it out to old HRTA (The first old one, not the second one ) it always caused a bit of a stir. It never gave me a bit of trouble - that was back when Classic Army knew how to build guns.

I think I paid €320 for the whole package - I bought it off a guy in Northern Ireland. I drove up one Wednesday to collect it, and told the missus it was a work meeting I was going to.

Johhny Kenna pestered me for months to sell it to him, and in a fit of madness one day, I gave in. And the bugger sold it on within a few weeks. I've never forgiven him :)

But its still with the guy he sold it to, and he doesnt use it - I've been bugging him about it every time he comes into the shop, and I think he;s starting to crack.

If you really want one, Moggy has a fantastic GBB version for sale in adverts. Half tempted to buy that off him meself.

I have an upgraded King Arms equivelant myself, oh yeah Kev, I stole it.
    *evil laugh*

Leftyflip wrote: »
    *evil laugh*

Theres just something goddamn sexy about the whole M16, m203 and heatshield package, isn't there ?

• Advertisement

Theres just something goddamn sexy about the whole M16, m203 and heatshield package, isn't there ?
    Yes there is...
    Kev, do I have to give it back?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kdouglas

bullets wrote: »
    I'm sorry I'm a bit confused this word "sell" I dont know
    what it means. I'm only familiar with buying :D:D

~B

Same here, I've only ever sold one or two pieces, and not sure if i've ever sold an actual rifle/pistol.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭MerryDespot

*evil laugh*

Ger - I know where you live chief!!! :mad: I haven't forgotten about it you know.
    That aeg is pure win. Even if it does weigh a bloody tonne.

Yes there is...
    Kev, do I have to give it back?

Yes Ger, yes - you do.

Ger - I know where you live chief!!! :mad: I haven't forgotten about it you know.
    That aeg is pure win. Even if it does weigh a bloody tonne.
    Dammit! You win this round mate, just remember though, I can make the M16 really good, or really crap... Ahahaha

Dammit! You win this round mate, just remember though, I can make the M16 really good, or really crap... Ahahaha

USP...

USP...
    Aaaaaargh

/Pirate hat.

You win sir, expect your M16 to be ready soon.

You win sir, expect your M16 to be ready soon.

In the interest of good service, and taking a professional approach.....you should probably field test it for a few months before giving it back. Just to be sure it performs as it should.

In the interest of good service, and taking a professional approach.....you should probably field test it for a few months before giving it back. Just to be sure it performs as it should.

Quiet you - stop giving him notions! :D

• Advertisement

Oh I intend to, I mean, I couldn't send it back with out knowing how well it works, that would be... Unprofessional.

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭Necron99

While not a regret selling story it's along the similar lines, having dismantled a PKM & SL8. then trying to put them back together I realiesed that these hands of mine were never meant for tinkering with fiddly plastic thingies.... regret most foul :(

Those poor rifles will never be the same again, as good as gone. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

My JG G36c,

I went and got a few high end guns, and afew long guns and they all just broke my heart.

My JG g36c was rock solid and had savage performance, and I regret selling it so much.

The reliability is what I miss, everytime I go out skirmishing, I'm 60% worried my gun will break.

Advertisement