Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Slide Film Development

• 24-06-2010 3:29pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 542 ✭✭✭

Hi Guys,

I've just taken up film photography and recently bought a Pentax K-1000 camera, which I must say, I have just fallen in love with.

i've taken 2 rolls of slide film and want to get them developed (as normal photos, not slide, obviously)

Can someone recommend where to get this done?? I'm living in Limerick at the moment but have frequent Dublin/Waterford also.

Dee

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,703 ✭✭✭DaireQuinlan

Hi Guys,

I've just taken up film photography and recently bought a Pentax K-1000 camera, which I must say, I have just fallen in love with.

i've taken 2 rolls of slide film and want to get them developed (as normal photos, not slide, obviously)

Can someone recommend where to get this done?? I'm living in Limerick at the moment but have frequent Dublin/Waterford also.

Dee

Short of mail order, the only place I know to get them done is photocare on Abbey street in Dublin. They also do mailers though, so next time you're up in Dublin you can get them developed and pick up a bunch of mailers or something as well. It's expensive though. €9 a roll now IIRC for dev only.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 542 ✭✭✭Hoochiemama

Sorry Daire,

Like I said, Im a total Noob!

By mailers do you mean, I can send my film to be developed??

Also would they cross process the slide film for me??

Dee

Sorry Daire,

Like I said, Im a total Noob!

By mailers do you mean, I can send my film to be developed??

Also would they cross process the slide film for me??

Dee

Yeah, you buy pre-addressed envelopes for the princely sum of €9, then when you're done shooting you pop your roll into them with whatever processing instructions you want and your address and send them off into the aether. Then with any luck they make their way back to you a few days later.

It's been a while since I dropped a roll in there, but they used to have this thing whereby if you dropped it in before 9 on monday/wednesday/friday they'd have it done by the end of the day. They might not be doing that any more though, I'd say even since then volumes have probably dropped.

Technically anywhere can xpro your slide, as it's slide processed in normal c-41 chems. Some places will refuse though, as there's an idea that it mucks up the chemistry or something (which it doesn't unless you're doing a ton of x-pro and very little straight c-41 by comparison). You could just try tossing it into your local minilab and if they ask any questions tell them that yes, you know it's slide film, but you want them to develop it anyway. With any luck the minilab operator will be completely clueless and will just develop it no questions asked.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 50,283 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

€8.50 dev and cut in there; that's with no postage.
    i *think* they do prepaid sensia for €17 a roll.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,674 ✭✭✭Faith+1

There was a place on Abbey Street I used for Slide Film. Don't know if they're still there though?:confused::confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 582 ✭✭✭thefizz

Faith+1 wrote: »
    There was a place on Abbey Street I used for Slide Film. Don't know if they're still there though?:confused::confused:
    Short of mail order, the only place I know to get them done is photocare on Abbey street in Dublin. They also do mailers though, so next time you're up in Dublin you can get them developed and pick up a bunch of mailers or something as well. It's expensive though. €9 a roll now IIRC for dev only.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,860 ✭✭✭TinyExplosions

I'm not 100%, but am fairly certain I had some slide film developed in Gunns on Wexford St... worth giving them a shout

I'm not 100%, but am fairly certain I had some slide film developed in Gunns on Wexford St... worth giving them a shout

AFAIK they just send it to abbey street as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,860 ✭✭✭TinyExplosions

AFAIK they just send it to abbey street as well.

Ah! That explains it so :)

Advertisement