Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

work with children in australia

Options
  • 24-06-2010 3:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭

im going to australia to work with children soon. does anyone know the name of an agency or website where jobs like this are advertised?

Anyone do work like this in australia? in particular a reliever for a childcare setting.

would be very greatful for your help as finding it hard to find anyone else has done this before

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭afkasurfjunkie

try selecteducation.com.au i worked with these in sydney.
    also a friend replied to an ad and got a very well paying job as an au pair. cash in hand job, long hours but good perks.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,435 ✭✭✭mandrake04

lynyg18 wrote: »
    im going to australia to work with children soon. does anyone know the name of an agency or website where jobs like this are advertised?

Anyone do work like this in australia? in particular a reliever for a childcare setting.

would be very greatful for your help as finding it hard to find anyone else has done this before

I think to work with children you need to get some sort of registration so maybe the authority in charge of that could help you.

Also don't forget your health and background character checks.

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭lynyg18

try selecteducation.com.au i worked with these in sydney.
    also a friend replied to an ad and got a very well paying job as an au pair. cash in hand job, long hours but good perks.

thanks for the website, just wondering did you have any problems getting clearance in australia? or did your irish equilevent get you a job?

• Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭afkasurfjunkie

am a qualified teacher but opted to work in early childcare setting as i didnt want to wait to get paperwork cleared as a teacher as it takes a long time. i had referees from home who were contacted, filled out a form for police clearance and did an interview. i did cover work, so had to ring early in the morning to say i was available, then i would get a phonecall informing me of any work nearby. i ended up at a nearby childcare centre and they kept me on for a few weeks at a time.

Advertisement