Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Late Free bars?

Options
  • 24-06-2010 4:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,383 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I'm tired of ending up in Bruxelles at the end of the night! Don't get me wrong I like the place. The music (ground floor) is great, and its free in and late.

Is there anywhere else like it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭cosmic

The Czech Inn in Temple Bar. It used to be Isolde's Tower.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,383 ✭✭✭RebelButtMunch

cosmic wrote: »
    The Czech Inn in Temple Bar. It used to be Isolde's Tower.

Never been. Isn't it a bit Temple Bar'ish?

Never been. Isn't it a bit Temple Bar'ish?

No, not your usual Temple Bar clientele! It's a bit of a mixed bag of Dubliners and Eastern Europeans. I've not been there in a good while but any time I've been there I've had fun. Used to go a lot back in the day when it was Isolde's Tower... good times!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

the portobello, the beer is poxy though but head across the road for a brekkie in the gigs place afterwards

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

Turk's Head - across from Czech Inn. (Sh*te but free)
    Sin E - good bar, only late at weekends though
    4 Dame Lane - irritating clientele sometimes but free so whaddya want for nothing?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,022 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

Pravda just over the Ha'Penny bridge on the North Quays. Havent been there in ages though, used to great on a Saturday night and the music was good too (Much like Bruxelles just not metal). Dunno what its like nowadays
    though?

Another is Toast in Rathmines, handy if your from the area.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Pravda just over the Ha'Penny bridge on the North Quays. Havent been there in ages though, used to great on a Saturday night and the music was good too (Much like Bruxelles just not metal). Dunno what its like nowadays
    though?

It's hit and miss in there these days.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,671 ✭✭✭BraziliaNZ

Ron Black's, and those other places on Dawson St. The 2 Porter Houses.

Downstairs at the Oak on Dame st has been suggested verbally. Sounds good.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Downstairs at the Oak on Dame st has been suggested verbally. Sounds good.

Decent spot, only thing is having to go upstairs to get a decent pint. Good music though.

• Advertisement

Depending on how old you are you might like Doyles across from Tirinity. I lived in there when I was a student but I wouldn't go there now - it'd just make me feel old!

cosmic wrote: »
    Depending on how old you are you might like Doyles across from Tirinity. I lived in there when I was a student but I wouldn't go there now - it'd just make me feel old!

That's actually not a bad suggestion! :)

I think my plan is formulating and we will certainly be around that part of town. I'm thinking of starting the night in Hartigans, for the creamy creamy stout, and working my way down towards tara.st and then up towards Dame st.

Advertisement