Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vodafone court action, & solicitors

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭RangeR

Terms in small print are unfair, offering a service not as described unfair, large internet service providers taking the piss, <SNIP> people.

They are not <SNIP> people. It's not a case of "not fair". If you are not getting the service that was promised, go through their problem resolution and if it can be proved they should let you walk away. Don't just stop paying.

• Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭leinsterdude

Not that simple, complain to them and nothing happens.....they leave you no choice, either pay for poor quality or leave, if you leave and do not jump through ten hoops they stick it to you.....

• Registered Users Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭RangeR

Not that simple, complain to them and nothing happens.....they leave you no choice, either pay for poor quality or leave, if you leave and do not jump through ten hoops they stick it to you.....

With respect, your are not complaining the right way. Do you have a specific issue with them. Would you like assistance in getting it resolved?

Too late they are threatining court, will meet them there...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement

I hope your right......still no reply from anyone who has been there, a good sign I hope.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,685 ✭✭✭flutered

if you get a court date, then send a token payment to vodafone, the court date will then have to be cancelled by them, as they cannot take you to court for an amount which you do not owe.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 yeayeayea

I just got a "draft claim notice" from Hugh J Ward on behalf of vodafone over a 850.00 bill that I never paid. I would be more then happy to go to court over this "bill" that they think I owe them. This is a long standing feud where they never kept up with there part of the deal and over charged me multiple times.

I eventually had enough with speaking to there poor customer service team and explaining myself over and over again so I stopped using the phone. My question is has anybody actually recieved one of these draft claims before and if they did did it go to court?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭ElNino

yeayeayea wrote: »
    I just got a "draft claim notice" from Hugh J Ward on behalf of vodafone over a 850.00 bill that I never paid. I would be more then happy to go to court over this "bill" that they think I owe them. This is a long standing feud where they never kept up with there part of the deal and over charged me multiple times.

I eventually had enough with speaking to there poor customer service team and explaining myself over and over again so I stopped using the phone. My question is has anybody actually recieved one of these draft claims before and if they did did it go to court?

Send a registered letter to Vodafone head office detailing how you have been overcharged and stating that you don't owe them anything. If they don't dispute it then they are screwed if they ever take you to court.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,442 ✭✭✭Sulla Felix

flutered wrote: »
    if you get a court date, then send a token payment to vodafone, the court date will then have to be cancelled by them, as they cannot take you to court for an amount which you do not owe.

Pretty sure that's nonsense.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Received a letter last week, different debt collector (3rd different one now!) Same thing, legal action threat, avoid it by paying in full.

Final notice, then again each time they have sent one it has been the final notice

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

kryogen wrote: »
    Received a letter last week, different debt collector (3rd different one now!) Same thing, legal action threat, avoid it by paying in full.

Final notice, then again each time they have sent one it has been the final notice

Do you owe them anything?

Do you owe them anything?

Yeah, have already given the story a couple of pages back in the thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Sorry, I looked and couldn't find it. I went back further and have it now.

You should pay what you accept you owe and let them whistle for the rest. The balance won't make it worth their while pursing either.

Sorry, I looked and couldn't find it. I went back further and have it now.

You should pay what you accept you owe and let them whistle for the rest. The balance won't make it worth their while pursing either.

As I said, I tried that but they told me to deal with the third party and pay the amount they want. Not happening. Fully prepared to go to court if needs be

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,162 ✭✭✭MadDog76

Don't know if this has already been said but NEVER EVER pay the Debt Collection Agency's directly, always pay directly to the company involved ........ don't ask their permission to pay them directly, just do it!

If you pay the debt collectors they get a commission and it encourages businesses to use these low-life thugs ......... pay the company by registered post and then post a letter to the debt collectors telling them they have their facts wrong as that debt is already paid

Now they have a new third debt collecting agency.....this one is in Dublin 15, so went tho one in Ashtown, then Monaghan, now Dublin 15 again, seriously, I will go to court, at what point do they give up....or just go to court, this will not be paid by me, €111, the company I work for would have this written off long ago ......they are crazy.

• Advertisement

anyone else ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,899 ✭✭✭clint_silver

anyone else ?

it will keep flipping from them, eventually it will go to court. However, you just keep ringing them and telling them you have a dispute with vodafone over the bill which is nothing to do with them. it will keep going from them back to vodafone. Everytime its back with the debt collectors, ask them will they settle for a % and you WILL get some off, you should get somewhere between 20-40% reduction. ie, knock 100e down to between 60-80 euro

but if it goes back to vodafone Ive personal experience in getting a 50% reduction for someone by writing directly to that care@vodafone email address so Id try that first during one of the phases when the bill is back with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭Toxica

yeayeayea wrote: »

Did you ever get taken to court?

No, it went away.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Ruksy07

Still gone? My mother did not pay out of principal for a bill of almost €100 for a supposed €20 a month contract. She now stands with Hugh j ward at almost €200. My mother is very much by the book and has paid every bill ever presented to her but this is ridiculous. I'm hoping you are the hero at the end of your fiasco!?.

Advertisement