Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

22" TV recommendations

• 24-06-2010 4:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 30

Hi all,

Doing a bit of research on 22" TVs for my folks. They're looking for a basic TV for their kitchen, doesn't need to be anything special, does-the-job-at-a-good-price kinda thing... From past experience I've found a lot of flatscreens really compromise when it comes to sound. I ended up going with a Sony Bravia (32") when I was buying a while back (pressie for folk's living room!).

A local store near them (west cork) have a Philips TV down from 360 to 229. I'm guessing it's the 22PFL3403D but not certain, looks like a decent deal price wise... Anyone have any experience of Philips flatscreens?

Or any other 22" TVs in the 200-250 price range worth looking at?
    Cheers.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

I recently bought this 22" Samsung from Argos, 200 notes as of today (I bought it for 230)

clicky

Not many tellys in the sub 24" range these days (does everyone live in an aircraft hanger)

• Registered Users Posts: 30 mistermogue

Cheers Mike,

She went ahead and bought the Philips in the end. Sound is decent once fine-tuned. It's clear at least unlike some TVs I've seen where the speakers are on the back or side. Picture wouldn't be the best in my opinion, doesn't seem to like movement too much, sport, etc. but she's delighted with it (it matches the decor... :))

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

The speakers on mine are feeble as compared to my old Sony Trinitron, ah well you get what you pay for.

Advertisement