Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Good Mechanic Anywhere?

• 24-06-2010 4:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

Does anyone know a good mechanic in Dublin, and before you ask, yes this is a rip off thread!

* Minor fixes, totally overpriced IMHO (insurance company insisted on company, dispite requests to use better priced, original dealer):
    €600

* Service of car: €250 - misaligned tyres.

* Replacement tyres and shock absorbers: €280

* They messed up the fitting: fix of suspension: €150

* Total one year maintaince on small 2005 1.2l car: €1280

(Fastfit branch manager doesn't do the work, but said everything should have cost circa €400-€550, presuming constant F ups weren't made!)

Anyone know a good mechanic between Crumlin - Irishtown - South Quays - Tallaght area?

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,129 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

I only know decent mechanics in North Kerry, so can't help unfortunately. I did think someone on this forum might be able to help, which is why I advised you to post here instead of in the Rip off Ireland Forum.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 917 ✭✭✭cat_rant

Hi All,

I am in the same boat I am looking for a good mechanic in the Tallagt Area I have a car that needs some works and one quote I got was just plain silly. I was hoping someone could do a recommend for me. As I don't want to see another look at my little corsa and my little self and see the *cha - ching* expression on another mechanic's face.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,377 ✭✭✭Tefral

Call Dave or Paddy in PD Garage in Ballyboden, top notch work, dead sound lads and really know their stuff

Dave: 0876268817
    Paddy: 0860518744

Sent a few of the lads there in work and they were delighted with the service.

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭CarMuppet

Does anyone know a good mechanic in Dublin, and before you ask, yes this is a rip off thread!

* Minor fixes, totally overpriced IMHO (insurance company insisted on company, dispite requests to use better priced, original dealer):
    €600

* Service of car: €250 - misaligned tyres.

* Replacement tyres and shock absorbers: €280

* They messed up the fitting: fix of suspension: €150

* Total one year maintaince on small 2005 1.2l car: €1280

(Fastfit branch manager doesn't do the work, but said everything should have cost circa €400-€550, presuming constant F ups weren't made!)

Anyone know a good mechanic between Crumlin - Irishtown - South Quays - Tallaght area?

Thanks in advance

1): Minor fixes? Is this badywork repairs by any chance? If so €300/350 is around right, for example, for a quarter panel repair (beat & re-respray). You mention insurance... was the car crashed?

2): Service of car - misaligned tyres... this is for a full service and tracking? Well a full service can be around €150 to €200 and tracking can be €45 to €65.

3): replacement shocks and tyres... I replace two shocks recently on a small 4x4 and it was €150 per shock @ local motor factors. Tyres can be euro50 to euro90 each for small car depending on quality and make.

4): fix of suspension: €150 - if the garage make a mistake then you don't pay for them to fix it.. .how did they damage your car?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 917 ✭✭✭cat_rant

cronin_j wrote: »
    Call Dave or Paddy in PD Garage in Ballyboden, top notch work, dead sound lads and really know their stuff

Dave: 0876268817
    Paddy: 0860518744

Sent a few of the lads there in work and they were delighted with the service.

Thanks for the info Cronin_j apprecaite it.

• Advertisement
Advertisement