Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

singularity

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

I saw it in GameSpot for 45 euro which is crap when console versions are like 30 euro
    I bit too expensive for my liking. Think I might wait for it to drop in price for the PC.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,091 ✭✭✭Antar Bolaeisk

I bit too expensive for my liking. Think I might wait for it to drop in price for the PC.

Wait for it to crop up in a Steam sale perhaps?

Wait for it to crop up in a Steam sale perhaps?
    Think I'll just wait a month or so and get the disc version.Although, I might find myself in Gamestop tomorrow afternoon.

No doubt Steam will be €50 on release and they will end up having a sale 6 months down the line which will end up bringing the price down to what I would pay for it on release. Not really worth the wait on steam though.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,517 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Finished it last night. Overall, I really liked it. Some of the environments were pretty bland, but the good gunplay and great powers made up for it. The three endings were all pretty good in their own right, and two of them could lead into a very interesting sequel.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭Chairman Meow

Not really enjoying this at all so far. Given that i loved ravens Wolfenstein, i expected this to be as good but it just...isnt.
    I dont like the gunplay, it feels weak, and the ps3 version looks rough as a dogs arse. Some of the worst graphics ive seen this gen.
    Wolfenstein both looks better (which is unbelieveable given that its running on doom 3 tech, and this is running unreal 3 tech), and plays better.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

I got it yesterday on pc. Seems pretty good like bioshock. I was tired so didnt play too much as the surprise fights were getting a bit too much.

Takes about 90 minutes of boring gunplay to get to the good stuff. Stick with it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

my fave shooter this year

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

Mr E wrote: »
    Takes about 90 minutes of boring gunplay to get to the good stuff. Stick with it.

Will do. I was just too tired and jumpy every 5 minutes had its toll on me :o
    I loved walking through the school hall and the spirits of young girls at their lockers. They get scared and you expect to see a vision of whats scaring them but instead one of the monsters burst out of the double doors. Shocked me the first time!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Finished it last night. Overall, I really liked it. Some of the environments were pretty bland, but the good gunplay and great powers made up for it. The three endings were all pretty good in their own right, and two of them could lead into a very interesting sequel.

How long to play through? I was thinking of a rental, and I assume there is a point at which you can save to get the 3 different ends?

• Advertisement

7 or 8 hours I reckon (for single player).
    If you're an achievement junkie, it will probably take 40-50 hours for 1k (lots of online).

When you finish it, you go back to the main menu. Just select "Continue" and you can start the final confrontation again. The choice you make at the end of that confrontation determines the ending.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

7 or 8 hours I reckon (for single player).
    If you're an achievement junkie, it will probably take 40-50 hours for 1k (lots of online).

When you finish it, you go back to the main menu. Just select "Continue" and you can start the final confrontation again. The choice you make at the end of that confrontation determines the ending.

That swings it for me as a rental , thanks dude.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,627 ✭✭✭The Freeman

finally got around to playing this on saturday for just nearly 3 hours, game only starts to kick off after an hour, and when it does it is awesome.
    weapons work very well together and for a couple of skirmshes i felt like i was playing Ravenholm level from Half Life 2, which was i realy nice throw back from arguably my favourite game.
    something very very satisfying with picking up a 'houshold gas tank' and throwing it at oncoming enemies thus setting them on fire.
    looking forward to giving it a finish through when i finish studying in a week.

Just picked this up on Direct2Drive. Bought it on the US store because the UK and EU ones were way too expensive.
    Installed and ready to go. Gonna play it tomorrow. Any annoying game mechanics/glitches i should know about?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,627 ✭✭✭The Freeman

Just picked this up on Direct2Drive. Bought it on the US store because the UK and EU ones were way too expensive.
    Installed and ready to go. Gonna play it tomorrow. Any annoying game mechanics/glitches i should know about?

the save points for the first hour or so ae a bit annoying i found, it saves every 2 waves of baddies instead of after every scene.

i did one scene with alot of explosive barrells about 5 times as i kept dying a min after as my health was low and there was 1 dude lurking about, just after that it got very good.

no annying mechanics really, it just takes a bit of time to kick off is all really.

hope ya enjoy it

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Those exploding insect ****ers are a right pain in the arse.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 ThatCrazyGuy

So all in all is this game worth buying?
    really thinking of getting it. Heard its bad tho. Rent perhaps?

Great game, but short.
    If you have no interest in multiplayer, then rent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

Those exploding insect ****ers are a right pain in the arse.

aye they are indeed

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Helix wrote: »
    aye they are indeed

Using the time bubble on them helps a lot when they attack from the front but they often attack from all angles.

• Advertisement

Using the time bubble on them helps a lot when they attack from the front but they often attack from all angles.

Go inside the bubble and kill them when they get stuck.
    The bubble combined with the blast melee attack is perfect for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,869 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

Rented it on PS3 and as others have said it gets a lot better once you get the TMD.

Nice puzzle that make you think for once ! I came to a garage door that was only open a little bit but i couldnt fit under. I had to get a crate, crush it, push it under the door then bring it back to its original state and as it builts up it pushes up the door. Loads of stuff like that.

Weapons are good and the powers are pretty decent as well you can do good combo's freezing time and killing enemies.

Its a cross between Bioshock, Half life, Dead space and fear. It borrows from all those games but it just feels familiar rather than robbed which is a good touch. Just makes the game enjoyable.

And yes those insects are a pain !!

Advertisement