Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

vw GTI

• 24-06-2010 4:59pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭

Friend of mine has a GTI
    2 litre and is a 00
    the accelerator is "lagging" and there is a question of the problem being in the throttle body or else where
    has anyone any experience with this kind of problem and know what would be the best way about fixing it
    thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,755 ✭✭✭ianobrien

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the 00 GTi a 1.8 turbo, not a 2.0......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭bop1977

The Mark 4 gti was available in 1.8 and 2.0 litres.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

bop1977 wrote: »
    The Mark 4 gti was available in 1.8 and 2.0 litres.

+1
    the proper GTi was 1.8T 150bhp and 1.8T 180bhp versions.
    there was a 2.0 Gti with 120bhp iirc or there abouts.......dont know why it was built tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 esmo

Is the car misfiring? Its probably the ignition coil pack thats gone. Very common problem on the mk4 golf. I had one before and it went on me too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭endasmail

dont think the car is misfiring
    any other ideas on the problem

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,801 ✭✭✭✭Gary ITR

kceire wrote: »
    dont know why it was built tbh.

+1 Horrendous car

Is this a recent problem or has it always been there? They really aren't fast so a bit of 'lagging' would be normal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭endasmail

no its a recent problem

• Registered Users Posts: 22 esmo

I would recommend cleaning the throttle body with t.b. cleaner and then disconnect the battery to re set the ecu. Also make sure you have a new air filter and new sparkplugs.

Advertisement