Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Music HL

• 24-06-2010 5:00pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭

Thoughts on it? Set works werent too bad. Happy the only Irish music essay I studied was on it :D

The composing paper on the other hand...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 Summerishere

I'm really happy with it.. the predictions were right as far as core paper was concerned :D!

Composing paper I'm really happy with, our music teacher told us that a minor Q1 & Q5 could come up so when I saw that only Q1 was minor I was ecstatis. Anyone who did Q1 composing paper, what Key did you get? I got G minor.. I started to compose in Bflat and realised that I'd never transposed :o but it was okay in the end :)

• Registered Users Posts: 19 AlCanDrive55

Composing Q6, line 3. What the flying flip? A C semibreve and 2 boxes. I went from 5 to 7 but a few people went from 5 to 1. Which was right? Cause I really doubt I was. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 S.Moran

I'm really happy with it.. the predictions were right as far as core paper was concerned :D!

Composing paper I'm really happy with, our music teacher told us that a minor Q1 & Q5 could come up so when I saw that only Q1 was minor I was ecstatis. Anyone who did Q1 composing paper, what Key did you get? I got G minor.. I started to compose in Bflat and realised that I'd never transposed :o but it was okay in the end :)

Yup it was Gminor, fcukin class paper !!!:D only had group for irish music question learnt but got told last night to look over o riada and he came up so was delighted coz and exrtra A4 page on top of the space given wrote on that :D , last bit of irish music question was bit werid, i just said it was a march and classical style was dat right???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 Summerishere

S.Moran wrote: »
    last bit of irish music question was bit werid, i just said it was a march and classical style was dat right???

That's EXACTLY what i said.. when I saw it i was there what the HELL are ye looking for, but they were the two that were there!

• Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭Cormac2791

Probably my best paper!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 231 ✭✭frser32

that was such a nice paper, they were great!
    for that irish music i said traditional/classical because there was ornamentation in the melody at the start

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭itsgrand

best life ever.

its not unusual ; )

was it a minor or major key?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,359 ✭✭✭ldxo15wus6fpgm

Got on fairly well, didn't leave anything blank anyway lol :pac:

Did anyone here do Q6 for Harmony? What were your final chords? I had V, ii, I. I managed to get the leading note rising to the tonic by putting it in as a passing note, but I'm not sure that was the right thing to do :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 80 ✭✭Enid.

I was so happy with the listening, it was great!

The composing was fine, except I think I made a big blunder in Question 1. I put a natural sign accidental on Te instead of a sharp. I don't know what in the name of God made me do it, I only hope it doesn't bring me down too much. What do ye think?

• Registered Users Posts: 24 dididrama

Only the composing paper is up on examinations so far can someone pls tell me what came up in the listening paper! I'm dying to know!

Never mind, it's up now!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭Psychedelia

Q1 seachanges deaney babey

2 - 4th movement of hector dear

3 - 2nd movement of wolfgang's

4 - she's leaving home.

that much was ace!

for the 'its not unusual' question,
    which opening motif was it?! i said the first one!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 80 ✭✭Enid.

for the 'its not unusual' question,
    which opening motif was it?! i said the first one!

Me too! I think because it was the highest one. How else were we supposed to figure it out like?!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,962 ✭✭✭jumpguy

Music is by far the most fun exam to be an attendant for. Oh my delight when a Tom Jones excerpt came up.

"It's not unusual to be loved by anyone..."

*Carlton dance*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 101 ✭✭bubblz

Enid. wrote: »
    Me too! I think because it was the highest one. How else were we supposed to figure it out like?!

Yup i put down the first one as well.. i did Q5 in the composing q... couldnt get any cadences though so had to make them up myself..! :o
    And i dunno... it seemed kinda too easy.. nearly fainted in the room though it was so hot and i was freaking out about the cadences... :(
    overall was an alright paper!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭LL92

jumpguy wrote: »
    Music is by far the most fun exam to be an attendant for. Oh my delight when a Tom Jones excerpt came up.

"It's not unusual to be loved by anyone..."

*Carlton dance*

LOL our superintendant was BUZZIN man :P

and as for like a briddge over troubled waters. .. .singin along to it sure! :pac::pac::pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭Curlyhatescurls

For some reason the 'bridge over troubled waters' just calmed me so much, it just made me feel so happy and so CALM about the whole paper and having to do the composing paper. For the last irish question I said it was a fusion between an IRISH March and Classical, do you think will be okay, because what if the answer was meant to be just March, will I not get it?:/

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭seriousfizz

I quite enjoyed the listening paper, I've always enjoyed it, but with Tom Jones and Paul Simon at the end, that just made it the best one ever! I felt the majority of questions were decent, especially considering how bad Deane could have been :pac: As for the composing, yeah.. I'm not very mathematical at all, and doing the composing questions just kills me. I'm so so glad I'll never have to deal with that **** again :D

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭Joe_Dull

For some reason the 'bridge over troubled waters' just calmed me so much, it just made me feel so happy and so CALM about the whole paper and having to do the composing paper. For the last irish question I said it was a fusion between an IRISH March and Classical, do you think will be okay, because what if the answer was meant to be just March, will I not get it?:/

I'm pretty sure it was an Irish Traditional March? Sure why else would they ask it on the Irish section of the paper!? That's what my teacher reckoned anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭Behind you Joey

Was quite a nice paper, Raymondo was Q.1 as expected. What did people say for the very first question on the listening, what section was it from in Seachanges? And what did you say for the Irish dance, which was it? Essay's were lovely!

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭Psychedelia

Was quite a nice paper, Raymondo was Q.1 as expected. What did people say for the very first question on the listening, what section was it from in Seachanges? And what did you say for the Irish dance, which was it? Essay's were lovely!

its part of the intro isn't it, or section A as its also called.

the dance tune on the harp is it?
    i said reel. my friend the dancer said a hornpipe so i dunno!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭Behind you Joey

its part of the intro isn't it, or section A as its also called.

the dance tune on the harp is it?
    i said reel. my friend the dancer said a hornpipe so i dunno!

Ya I said totentanz which is probably wrong and reel too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 clairebearxx

bubblz wrote: »
    Yup i put down the first one as well.. i did Q5 in the composing q... couldnt get any cadences though so had to make them up myself..! :o
    And i dunno... it seemed kinda too easy.. nearly fainted in the room though it was so hot and i was freaking out about the cadences... :(
    overall was an alright paper!

omg could not find any cadences either! that question was the only 1 i think i made a complete balls of..but apart from that music went swimmingly:) i <3 freedom!!!!:)

Advertisement