Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

NCT Question

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,272 ✭✭✭✭Max Power1

Osk wrote: »
    Checking for oil etc is not the same as checking a disc on your windscreen!!
    How do you inspect the condition of your wiper blades (should be a monthly check at least) without noticing the discs ;)

Also, when you pop the hood, (as in when you go to lift it up after pressing the button inside the car) arent you normally facing the windscreen before lifting the hood? Surely you would see it then too.

How anyone cannot notice that their NCT/Tax/Insurance is out is beyond me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,615 ✭✭✭kildare.17hmr

when the wipers dont wipe the windows properly i change them wouldn't make a habbit out of checking them every month! a tad OTT if ya ask me:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,615 ✭✭✭kildare.17hmr

[QUOTE=Max Power1
    How anyone cannot notice that their NCT/Tax/Insurance is out is beyond me.[/QUOTE]
    +1

when the wipers dont wipe the windows properly i change them wouldn't make a habbit out of checking them every month! a tad OTT if ya ask me:D
    facepalm.

Its called maintenance and preventative action! If you dont inspect (for example) the wiper blades at least every month how do you know they are a) functional and b) that the surrounding area hasnt been rusted by (for example) some of the abrasive cleaner used on the windscreen.

You are taking one aspect of my point and dwelling on it. Anytime you walk back to your car in a carpark you can see the windscreen ffs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 164 ✭✭Osk

Max Power1 wrote: »
    Anytime you walk back to your car in a carpark you can see the windscreen ffs

Yes - I see it but I don't 'see' it iykwim?! I would notice something different about the windscreen as opposed to just reading my discs if that makes sense? A bit like asking you what colour jacket someone you just chatted to was wearing - you were looking at them but not necessarily 'seeing' them...

I guess after this thread I will never 'not see' any of my discs again! ;)

maybe i'm just being exceedingly anal about it then. I can tell you what day my insurance and my nct are out, and the month the tax is out, on my car :p

EDIT: i love using that word in a non NSFW context!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,255 ✭✭✭Yawns

Max Power1 wrote: »
    EDIT: i love using that word in a non NSFW context!

LOL

And no you're not being anal. I know when the insurace/tax & nct is due on my car. I do being ringing and checking online for cheaper insurance quotes way before a reminder letter comes in the door. This year for example the girlfriend got a quote for 1400 TPF&T. Up from about €1100 last year but no claims etc. I managed to get that same company to match another company of €800 euro for the same policy! I'd reasearched as soon as it came within the month for renewal so I had this quote saved from 3 weeks ago to present to her insurance company :D

Advertisement