Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

It's the late 90's, what do you own?

Options
  • 24-06-2010 5:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭

Brag about your computer, consoles and games from over a decade ago.

Me, I had
    15gb hard drive, 64mb RAM, hardcore.
    PS1 with Metal Gear Solid
    Gameboy Colour with Pokemon yellow (the only game I got for it)
    Not to mention pimpin out Zelda:OOT on the n64, hell yeah!

Yeah I was one of the lucky (not spoilt!) to have both an N64 and PS1 :P

eTower300k.jpg
    4ffcf_1%5B1%5D.jpg

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭Jazzy

me & my bro had a snes & PC.. cant remember what the PC was but it had no problems running the latest games, my bro used that the most and kept it in good nick. one of my mates used to go to boarding school so he'd lend me the N64 :D
    bro ended up getting a dreamcast too in 99, was sweet.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭martinstatic

Jazzy wrote: »
    cant remember what the PC was but it had no problems running the latest games

Hah mine could barely even emulate NES games.
    Ah how stupid I felt when I tried to run Sims 2 on it years later.:(

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,634 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

Can't remember my PC too much but it had a voodoo 3 in it which was (for our age/knowledge) bleeding edge at the time and would of been rocking Hidden & Dangerous on it, bugged to **** and pretty difficult but somehow still a masterpiece.
    N64 would of been my main console though and basically any first party title, along with anything made by Rare, Blast Corps, Pilotwings, 1080 snowboarding, not sure what year the Mission Impossible game came out but that was definately my favourite movie tie in, that level where you had to mix poison into drinks at a big social gathering or something like that was outlandishly well executed...or so I remember. oh and Turok.
    Then it would of been my Gameboy colour which was very rarely away from Pokemon red.

• Registered Users Posts: 83,309 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Nintendo 64, PS1, Windows 95 with 400mhz PII, 64-128mb of Ram and a 4MB SDRAM graphics card :eek: I would later take the same machine in the early 00s and play black and white.

As always, a SNES or a NES floating around my mother's basement, collecting dust.

I remember early 2000's, looking at XP's thinking 'Oh. My. God.' And then installing The Sims on my PC only to watch it slow down to a halt after adding a few TV's and a second floor.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,436 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

My main computer was the PS1. Also had a GBA and a severely outdated P100 PC with 32Mb Ram and a first generation Power VR card.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭Fnz

Got a PS1 and am actually enjoying a Resident Evil game (RE2). The controls don't feel antiquated yet.

Playing the first Gran Turismo and loving it. Sometimes get to break out the system link cable for 2-player WipEout 2097.

Aww perhaps! :cool:

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

Pentium MMX (P5)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

I'm currently loving my PS1 with Gran Turismo 1 & 2, GTA and Porsche Challenge and flying through Pokémon yellow and blue on an atomic purple (clear purple) Gameboy colour when out and about.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

My PS1 has taken a backseat to the marvel that was 4 player games on the N64 (goldeneye, Smash bros, Perfect Dark, Gauntlet et al.)

My PC could manage BG1 but when I tried to install BG2 I deleted some important OS file in order to fit it on, which broke my PC!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 151 ✭✭albeit

I was playing Duke Nukem alot. Can't remember what I owned though.

albeit wrote: »
    I was playing Duke Nukem alot. Can't remember what I owned though.
    I owned noobs.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Playing Columns on the Megadrive (level 60 only takes an hour or 2 to achieve).

Or Secret of Mana & DKC2 speed-running on the SNES.

Or TIE Fighter when my daddy shows me how to boot the game in DOS :) MDK when I use Windows 95.

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭Mataguri

If I remember correctly I had an AMD K6-2 500mhz pc with a 32mb Riva TNT2, 128mb ram, a 20GB HDD and a 15" monitor.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Is there still time for Klax?

Was mostly playing on my Playstation and N64 while picking up pretty much every Dreamcast game I could get my hands on while shops cleared out of their stock.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

I had a Snes and and N64. Can't really remember the specs of the PC i had but I was able to play Unreal on it.

Then a couple of years later I got a PC with a Nvidia Ti 4600. Ah memories.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Crash Team Racing on the PS1 *drools*
    GB with Pokemon Red
    450mhz P3 with 12GB HD and 64MB ram, a 16mb voodoo gfx card. I remember booting up UT for the first time on it. I drooled.

also, wasnt the GBA released in the naughties?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

nintendo 64,ps1,game gear,sega mega drive and master system,good times.

I remember Barbie Girl, Tragedy and It's Like That playing throughout the 90's like there was no tomorrow, great summers!
    And Pokémon cards, jesus that was big.

Edit: Note I do not actually like Barbie Girl or Tragedy.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,547 ✭✭✭Agricola

A PS1, with a Megadrive and and Atari in a box in the attic. Only used PCs when practicing my typing in school! :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

Had a Gateway PC with 350Mhz, 16MB graphics Nvidia, 128MB RAM on a Pentium 2.

Was probably playing Doom, Duke Nukem, Blood, all those 3D Realms games as well as Half-Life, GTA 1, Hidden & Dangerous, Commandos.

Would also whip out the SNES for a quick game of Mortal Kombat II or International Superstar Soccer :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭sarumite

I had a PC with Civilsation: Call to power.....that was all actually needed (though I was a big "management sim" person back then so I had Transport Tycoon and Rollercoaster Tycoon). I also played a lot of C&C tiberium Sun.

I played a lot of Hidden and Dangerous....though it was a really hard game as it had one shot kills so you had to have everything set up perfectly.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

Ah, that would have been my Gateway 2000 G6-233 (Pentium II), 32MB Ram, 4.3GB HDD, Ensoniq soundcard and 4MB STB nVidia Riva 128. Served me well for a couple of years until I upgraded the graphics card with a Voodoo5 5500 (lol) and went from Windows 95 to 98 because of the Operation Flashpoint demo. :D

The arrival of the PC saw me ignore consoles from the SNES until this generation though, something I'm paying for now as I try and work my way through what I missed :(

• Registered Users Posts: 12,462 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

had found alcohol in the mid 90's so gaming took a back seat for a few years and my old Amiga might have gotten a few plays
    Bought a Gateway 500mhz with a Voodoo 3 3000 gfx and a PS1 in the late 90's

Advertisement