Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dunmore East Food & Fish festival.25-27 June

Options
  • 24-06-2010 6:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭

should be a great weekend weather permitting ..... help spread the word & get big crowds down there ... loads of free stuff

www.waterford-dunmore.com

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭Hoffmans

comeraghs wrote: »
    ... loads of free stuff

www.waterford-dunmore.com

in dunmore very much doubt it the celtic tiger bubble has'nt burst there yet,...

• Registered Users Posts: 767 ✭✭✭Odats

Hoffmans wrote: »
    in dunmore very much doubt it the celtic tiger bubble has'nt burst there yet,...

Pennies looking down on halfpennies. As a well known Waterford saying goes you'd sh1t more than they'd eat.

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭dashboard_hula

Yep, I'm going, bringing 4 or 5 with me....I did promise the other half a pig on a spit...I really hope I'm not going to be proved wrong!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 744 ✭✭✭angry_fox

will be headin out for a look, pig on a spit sounds good ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭deisemum

I'll be there, looking forward to it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,641 ✭✭✭sillysocks

Went out today, was fab out there, weather helped but the market was brilliant - such a great variety and selection of stalls. Was a great day and there was a huge crowd. Big success I'd say!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,362 ✭✭✭Trotter

Had a ball out there today. Weather was fantastic and I'd love to see something like that every weekend for 5 or 6 weeks each summer!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 744 ✭✭✭angry_fox

Trotter wrote: »
    Had a ball out there today. Weather was fantastic and I'd love to see something like that every weekend for 5 or 6 weeks each summer!

was out there friday and today, was great craic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭wellboytoo

Well done to all, great weekend well organised and no messers, which is a pleasant surprise.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 951 ✭✭✭sorrywhat

I went out on Sunday. It was beautiful out there. The market was really cool, although I would have liked to see more foreign foods.

The way all the restaurents had a little area was a brilliant idea.

The weather was fantastic as well.

The only gripe I have was, I got the suirway bus out there. I got on it opposite Collins Avenue and got off just by the haven hotel. But it was €4 for an adult. I thought that was really expensive. Or maybe its just me I dunno. But if I can get a single adult to Dublin for €12 and that cost €4 to Dunmore. I just felt a little ripped off is all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭gscully

sorrywhat wrote: »
    I went out on Sunday. It was beautiful out there. The market was really cool, although I would have liked to see more foreign foods.

The only gripe I have was, I got the suirway bus out there. I got on it opposite Collins Avenue and got off just by the haven hotel. But it was €4 for an adult. I thought that was really expensive. Or maybe its just me I dunno. But if I can get a single adult to Dublin for €12 and that cost €4 to Dunmore. I just felt a little ripped off is all.

If you want to talk in relative terms, why not work out how much a trip into town from Collins Avenue would cost you and then compare that to a trip to Dunmore? I think you'll find that €4 is not a rip-off at all. I wouldn't think it was anyway.

Maybe you should've got a taxi ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,590 ✭✭✭Speak Now

Comparing prices for a bus trip to Dublin with a bus trip to Dunmore is not really fair. What's the price of a single to tramore, € 3? So € 4 to a more rural area from a smaller company is hardly that out of line.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭deisemum

If it was €4 for an adult then I would have found it prohibitive for a family unless they did something like €10 for a family.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭shockwave

its €1.50 to get the bus into town from Collins Ave, so €4 out to Dunmore isnt too bad really considering a taxi is about €20.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 951 ✭✭✭sorrywhat

Alright lads relax. Maybe its not a rip off.

But the government is always going on about using public services. I went out with another person, so it was 8 quid out and 8 quid back in. If I drove out, I dont think the cost would have 16 euro, maybe Im wrong with the price of petrol now, who knows!

Anyway it was only my opinion that it was expensive. And it was one of the older sh!tty buses. Maybe if I got a new coach one I wouldnt have minded!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭gscully

Alright lads relax. Maybe its not a rip off.

But the government is always going on about using public services. I went out with another person, so it was 8 quid out and 8 quid back in. If I drove out, I dont think the cost would have 16 euro, maybe Im wrong with the price of petrol now, who knows!

Anyway it was only my opinion that it was expensive. And it was one of the older sh!tty buses. Maybe if I got a new coach one I wouldnt have minded!! :)

It's not just a simple case of mileage in the cost though. They have to factor in all overheads like tax, public liability insurance etc. Longer trips will always be cheaper per mile as the overheads aren't factored per mile.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 209 ✭✭justbored

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭shockwave

The Suirway buses are crappy though in fairness, they could do with buying a couple of new ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭sunnysoutheast

justbored wrote: »
    This post has been deleted.

Did you not check the schedule? These events generally have the markets on the Sunday morning.

The burgers in the Haven on Saturday were lovely.......

SSE

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Sounds gorgeous, shame I missed it. :/

Gonna throw this into the county forum.

Topic Moved

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭dermo909

I went out there sunday and the place was buzzing. Not much free stuff though and everything was slightly overpriced I thought. It was nice to walk around though.
    The park and ride bus was great, it really made getting into the village alot easier with no worrying about getting a parking space.

Advertisement