Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Godspeed You! Black Emperor - Tripod, December 2010

Options
  • 21-06-2010 6:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,038 ✭✭✭

Playing Tripod on December 10th.

Woo!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭indiewindy

Perfect!! cant wait to see them again, and not have to travel to see them. What a gig, now to get tickets

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

penexpers wrote: »

Woo!

When and where can I get tickets? This I must not miss.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,038 ✭✭✭penexpers

Tickets on sale Thursday at 9am. I reckon it'll be a tickets.ie job (promoter is U:Mack).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭Miguel_Sanchez

Yeah but Weird Al isn't going to be playing at the Tripod gig. ;)

The link in my original post is now dead so here's the ATP details for anyone who's interested:

http://www.atpfestival.com/events/godspeednightmare.php

Yeah but Weird Al isn't going to be playing at the Tripod gig. ;)

The link in my original post is now dead so here's the ATP details for anyone who's interested:

http://www.atpfestival.com/events/godspeednightmare.php

Neither is Deerhoof...

Godihatedeerhoof.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 772 ✭✭✭X-Calibre

Woo!

Greatest news I've heard in a while.. Jesus December is a mile away. I need this gig now

• Registered Users Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭blubloblu

What are the chances it'll sell out anytime in the next month?

blubloblu wrote: »
    What are the chances it'll sell out anytime in the next month?

Fairly high I would reckon. It's generating a lot of interest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭Miguel_Sanchez

They haven't played in Ireland since 2002 I think so I'd say it'll sell out pretty quickly.

Also - Deerhoof are great!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 925 ✭✭✭billybigunz

YES!!! Nearly missed this. I thought these guys had given up playing together.

• Advertisement

Just got my tickets, now just 169 days to go!
    Deerhoof was one of my top gigs last year,

calex71 wrote: »
    Guys what are they like live? Videos I've seen don't do them justice. Wondering more in terms of the set they do , do they play smaller sections of longer songs for example dead flag blues or rockets?

I have seen them twice now. First time was the Ambassador and second time was in Paris. They tend to play the full songs from what I remember. For exmaple, for the encore in Paris they played the entirety of Slow Riot for New Zero Kanada EP.

Anyway got my ticket.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭cosmic

I got my ticket for the gig in Tripod this morning. Woooo!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭schemingbohemia

Yes got tickets, will be my third time seeing them last time at the Ambassador and the first time one of the gigs of my life seeing them and Sigur Ros at the TBMC, amazing show.

Balls it, standing only. Should have used a different venue. I thought tripod had a seated balcony.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

Balls it, standing only. Should have used a different venue. I thought tripod had a seated balcony.

It does but they go first. If you get standing on the balcony get in early and up the side and you get a good view, otherwise it's sh*te.

So I can sit with the general admission tickets? Bit confused as I was on at 9am an there was no seated option.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

So I can sit with the general admission tickets? Bit confused as I was on at 9am an there was no seated option.

There might be no balcony open for it? I dunno. If you have general admission tickets then normally don't let you up to the balcony.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,385 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

How long do people reckon till this sells out? Pay day next friday, so hopefully after then. Might even just leave it to be a toutless job though, too many other gigs too! Ah choices.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭johnnykilo

I have seen them twice now. First time was the Ambassador and second time was in Paris. They tend to play the full songs from what I remember. For exmaple, for the encore in Paris they played the entirety of Slow Riot for New Zero Kanada EP.

Anyway got my ticket.

God i hope they play BBF3, my life won't be complete until i hear that live!

• Advertisement

How can I not find a friend to go with me? :(

I'll go alone if I have to.

Kold wrote: »
    How can I not find a friend to go with me? :(

I'll go alone if I have to.

I'll be doing that exact same thing. Doesn't bother me, its the others who are missing out.

Just had to throw my money for the week into college so I'm hoping there'll still be tickets available next week...

Got my ticket last night, should be a cool gig to witness. Been a long time since bought one ticket alone.

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭minnow

Am in Germany for a few months and trying to find out if I can see them on tour. The website lists the UK/Ireland gigs and mentions 1-2 European gigs, but no locations given.....can anyone help ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭blubloblu

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭GopErthike

arrghh, forgot what date this was on when booking flights to Barcelona to see Aphex Twin on the saturday night. have to try change the flight. Typical missed them in 2002 because of another clash.

• Registered Users Posts: 959 ✭✭✭pablodunlop

blubloblu wrote: »

Fcukin great find!

Ages away but cannot wait for this

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭Bi6N

Tickets still on sale??

Really looking forward to this, don't get paid till friday!
    Never thought I would ever get a chance to see them live :D

• Advertisement

Bi6N wrote: »
    Tickets still on sale??

Really looking forward to this, don't get paid till friday!
    Never thought I would ever get a chance to see them live :D

yes, still on sale, surprised as I thought it would have been a quick sell out

Advertisement