Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Godspeed You! Black Emperor - Tripod, December 2010

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,038 ✭✭✭penexpers

It's not far off selling out, I believe.

Just tried to buy 8 tickets off tickets.ie and they only appear to have 5 left.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

How packed is a sold out Tripod? Ideally this would be a seated gig imo but regardless I don't want to be crushed in there barely able to hear :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭indiewindy

Kold wrote: »
    How packed is a sold out Tripod? Ideally this would be a seated gig imo but regardless I don't want to be crushed in there barely able to hear :(

It holds 1300 including the balcony, that should go on sale now that downstairs is all but gone

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

It does get pretty packed. I advise getting in early to get a good spot. Nothing worse than being stuck up near the back at Tripod.

Hopefully this won't be full of idiots who think the quiet bits of songs are an invitation to chat to their mates at loud volumes.

• Advertisement

indiewindy wrote: »
    It holds 1300 including the balcony, that should go on sale now that downstairs is all but gone

I don't believe there will be any more tickets available once these ones sell out.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,773 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Just got two tickets - ****ing delighted!

Sold out!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9 1Nirvana100

No ticket advertising allowed, thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭schemingbohemia

AnonoBoy wrote: »
    It does get pretty packed. I advise getting in early to get a good spot. Nothing worse than being stuck up near the back at Tripod.

Hopefully this won't be full of idiots who think the quiet bits of songs are an invitation to chat to their mates at loud volumes.

I am going to deck anyone who starts yapping, tripod seems to take all the yappers from whelans and places them right beside where I like to stand :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

I'll be yapping like I was during Explosions in the Sky a few years back, this better be loud.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭Miguel_Sanchez

RasTa wrote: »
    I'll be yapping like I was during Explosions in the Sky a few years back, this better be loud.

If you're going to get bored and yap away like you did at Explosions in the Sky then kindly do it at the bar because there'll be other people around you who want to listen to the music, not your conversation.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

It'll be loud and quiet. That's how they work.

So have they made much in the last 8 years? I have no idea what to expect. Better be a good dose of Yanqui anyway :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,075 ✭✭✭IamtheWalrus

I'm going to see them in London. It's gonna be great.

So have they made much in the last 8 years? I have no idea what to expect. Better be a good dose of Yanqui anyway :D

I'll be happy with slow riot, the first album and
    Murray Ostril: They Don't Sleep Anymore On The Beach/Mo nheim/Broken Windows Locks Of Love Part III

indiewindy wrote: »
    I'll be happy with slow riot, the first album and
    Murray Ostril: They Don't Sleep Anymore On The Beach/Mo nheim/Broken Windows Locks Of Love Part III

Needs moar Bailey Finnegan.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

If you're going to get bored and yap away like you did at Explosions in the Sky then kindly do it at the bar because there'll be other people around you who want to listen to the music, not your conversation.

It's still the worst gig I've being to. I've seen Godspeed before and can assure you there was no opportunity to talk or be heard. The sound Engineer messed up big time imo for that explosions gig.

I've seen Godspeed before and can assure you there was no opportunity to talk or be heard.

I've seen them before too and there was plenty of quiet parts.

Godspeed have done nothing since Yanqui. Who knows what they'll do. I imagine there'll be some new material though.
    It's still the worst gig I've being to. I've seen Godspeed before and can assure you there was no opportunity to talk or be heard. The sound Engineer messed up big time imo for that explosions gig.

It wasn't the sound engineer's fault, Explosions were just boring as ****.

• Advertisement

I was at that tripod gig as well, up at the front the sounnd was great, really enjoyed it, though not as much as seeing them in the hub a few years earlier, a really great live band

Not long to go now - less than a week!

Going to see some other Canadians on Monday in the O2 but GY!BE are the Canadians that I really want to see.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,023 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

Explosions in the sky gig in tripod was a complete disaster sound wise. The worst part was there was clearly a problem and half crowd were talking and the other half shushing them. I remember looking forward to that gig for ages and being so bitterly disappointed after.

I didn't get tickets for this GYBE gig but hoping to get my hands on some during the week. Could be a long time before they come back, if ever!

Anybody driving up from Cork for this? :o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,227 ✭✭✭Shanannigan

Godspeed... holy crap!! this band is a must see!!! The excitement has left me speechless.

• Registered Users Posts: 959 ✭✭✭pablodunlop

Oh yes :D

It's sold out.

Reports from ATP are sounding good. Apparently they played a good mix of material from across their albums.

This could be fantastic.

Anyone driving up from Cork and want some company? :o

• Advertisement

Reports from ATP are sounding good. Apparently they played a good mix of material from across their albums.

This could be fantastic.

My friends said they were amazing. I was supposed to go but stupid snow grounded my flight.

Advertisement