Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hustling for Multilingual PPC SEO work

Options
  • 24-06-2010 7:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭

Hello all,

I have recently begun to set up a website, which is not yet quite finished (just a holding page) with the intention of trying to get some multilingual PPC or SEO.
    I am Irish, but speak a few languages, and feel this is possibly an area that could be exploited by people selling to Ireland or people in Ireland selling abroad.

My plan would be to implement PPC and SEO strategies (content, keyword selection etc.) for English content pages on sites in the likes of Italy and France etc. Another angle would be to target sites in Ireland who may sell to the likes of France and Italy, but may not have landing pages in French or Italian, or optimised them.

I know I have to do some research to see who I could target and get some work, but it seems like it could be a daunting task. Would you recommend cold calling, email campaigns, PPC campaigns, word of mouth, or the whole lot together!:(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭RedCardinal

Good to hear you're going to try this out. I'll tell you one thing - I work with some very big companies that have mutlilingual websites. To date I don't know of any agency that really does mutlilingual well.

It's actually very, very tricky as it's an apex of localisation and SEO. That's very much a blend of 2 skill sets that don't converge to often.

In terms of building up your business - you might want to get some experience under your belt, even if that means working for little or nothing to do so. You're unlikely to ever get better work than through word of mouth and referrals, especially in an industry known to attract some of the shamiest folk you'll likely encounter online...

If I come along anything multilingual at an entry level I'd be happy to pass it on to you. PM me and we can sync up.

I think you'll do very nicely if you manage in this particular niche.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

Cheers. PM sent.

• Registered Users Posts: 687 ✭✭✭pfurey101

Great points RedCardinal, considering the problems that we have with our own language :)

The best of luck seachto7.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

Cheers folks...fingers crossed....

Advertisement