Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any bird people online now???

Options
  • 24-06-2010 7:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭

Hi, kids just noticed this little fella out in the back, couldnt fly, trying to climb the wall. Unfortunately when they came to get me the dog also came and got a hold of him/her, under the leaves all we could hear was squealing, so we got the dog off and the birds heart was obviously racing, eyes then started to close and head drop, thankfully she seemed to calm so I slipped the shovel under the leaves she was sitting on and lifted her onto the roof of the shed, at least a little bit of safety there for the minute. I dont know how injured, if at all she is but I doubt she got away unscathed, anyway she couldnt fly before the dog got to her now she is barely moving.

What do I do?

4730992822_a98be63afb.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Sigma Force

You're probably not online now but if you see this check out http://irishwildlifematters.ie/ this site will tell you all you need to know.

If the bird is still alive placing him in a box and keep him warm until a vet can see him tomorow (vets treat wildlife for free in general).

The shock could kill her/him in the mean time but worth a try.
    Looks like a young bird/fledgling.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,349 ✭✭✭antocann

i was in a same situation like you op i had a thread on it ,

the vet woudnt do a thing with the birds , some vet aye ,

anyway keeps warm and see how it gets on

• Registered Users Posts: 7,838 ✭✭✭Nulty

Any time I've had that situation happen to me the animal always dies, be it a bird or a mouse etc.

I would say kill it and put it out of its misery. But thats just my opinion.

Advertisement