Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Completely sickening smell on Parnell St

Options
  • 24-06-2010 7:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭

Just beside the 40 terminus, man it's vile! Not sure if it is that Chinese fish shop thing beside the bus stop or the bin. I thought it was the bin a couple of days ago when I was there but got it again today.

It's absolutely disgusting. Not sure if my senses are too innocent but doubt it!

Just wondering has anyone else experienced this scummy horrible smell? I know it would be better if I actually did something about it like ring the Corpo, but fishing for ideas first (see the way I included a source of the smell in the ending?).

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

Been listening to Joooooooe Duffy a bit lately and there's been a lot of complaints about the smell in Dublin.

The cause is apparently due to the tide being out and the rubbish left behind being in the sun. I'd guess that the smell might be because of the bin being left out in the sun.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,671 ✭✭✭BraziliaNZ

There's a lot of corporation flats around that area so the locals get a bit worked up in the heat

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭Miss Lockhart

Noticed a couple of bad smells myself in town today.

The smell of fish on Henry Street around 5pm was dreadful - assume it was from Moore Street. Then a strong sewage smell up around the junction of D'Olier Street and Pearse Street. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 881 ✭✭✭JosDel

BraziliaNZ wrote: »
    There's a lot of corporation flats around that area so the locals get a bit worked up in the heat

Fool

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

BraziliaNZ wrote: »

Give over that stupid sh*t. Warning.
    JosDel wrote: »
    Fool

BANNED for 48hrs.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

This thread smells like crap.

Straight answer's or don't bother lads.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,556 ✭✭✭Slunk

That smell is constantly there, I think its a mixture of the bins, the fish/meat shop and the general pissy state of the street combined with the warmish weather we've had lately. Corporation wanna send one of them street cleaners around a few times

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

The sewer that runs under that section from the Rotunda across and under fibbers and that whole street is frankly ancient and crumbling and in hot weather stinks and the fumes and smell rises. It's so bad that the cellar sections of the AIB bank on the corner can't be used by staff and that it's not possible to drink in any of the cellar bars on that section.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

Its most noticible beside the 40 bus stop which is right beside a chinese shop that sells fish,the stink is definatly rotten fish so it must be the juices dripping from thier rubbish leaking onto the street...there are often piles of empty polysterene fish boxes piled up beside the bin alive with flies.

I had isssue with that shop over something else,they were selling mussels and razor clams that were plainly dead,if you eat one of them and they're gone off you'll be sicker than you could've dreamed.
    i've seen Dunnes selling open mussels before,simply because the staff didnt know any better.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

The smell is definitely coming from that shop. I can't smell it anywhere else along Parnell street. I've trained myself to just hold my nose when I walk.

I don't understand cos that shop is always packed with customers??! Its without a doubt the most disgusting smell ever.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭Lux23

I would give the council a call then, someone needs to come out and check that shop. I remember though the EBS on Baggot street next to the Fishmongers used to reek of fish in the summertime so it may not be anything too bad but you never know.

Lux23 wrote: »
    I would give the council a call then, someone needs to come out and check that shop. I remember though the EBS on Baggot street next to the Fishmongers used to reek of fish in the summertime so it may not be anything too bad but you never know.

This reeks the year round and its not just a fishy smell..its a smell of putrified fish and its overpwering at one particular spot.
    It could also mean that they're disposing of fish scraps down a drain causing them to rot there and hence the stench.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,537 ✭✭✭Gyalist

I wouldn't be surprised if the smell is coming from that shop. There's a Chinese shop on South Great George's Street near the corner of Fade Street and the smell from it is absolutely disgusting yet it is always busy. It's a smell of fermented, rotting fish. The smell is only in that section of the street and has been there since the shop opened.

• Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭Pot Noodle =

I think that is a delicacy in China putrefied fish or Iceland

• Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭anto86

sure does stink alri i tend to walk by on the opposite side the street...any one ever get the smell at the end of grafton street round burger king (trinity college end) been gettin that nasty smell for years ya'd think something would be done about some the nasty smells we have here in dublin :(

Was walking to the 40 bus stop yesterday with a friend who i told to watch out for the stench as soon as we got outside the shop...lo and behold the stink had completely gone to be replaced by a substantial whiff of jeyes fluid.
    Closer examination revealed the ground beside the bin and round the shore had been drenched in the stuff.
    Maybe they read boards or something was said to them..it'll be interesting to see does the stink return.

Advertisement