Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best way to buy Oxegen tickets of Gumtree? Need advice for secure trade.

Options
  • 24-06-2010 7:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭

Hello there,

First off, no this is not a trade/swap request, I simply am looking for advice on how to make a trade and how to verify the tickets.

I wanted to buy my 2 x 3 Days Oxegen Ticket (no camping) via Ticketmaster and then my girlfriend told me about Gumtree.

There are people who sell their Tickets for €130-€165 instead of the official €200. I'm a bit afraid that some of them might be scams.

Does anyone have experience with buying tickets from gumtree? What's the best way to do the trade?
    Let's say I meet up with the person in town and they hand over the tickets, how do I make sure that those tickets are the real deal?
    Any advice?

Thank you.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,934 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Hello there,

First off, no this is not a trade/swap request, I simply am looking for advice on how to make a trade and how to verify the tickets.

I wanted to buy my 2 x 3 Days Oxegen Ticket (no camping) via Ticketmaster and then my girlfriend told me about Gumtree.

There are people who sell their Tickets for €130-€165 instead of the official €200. I'm a bit afraid that some of them might be scams.

Does anyone have experience with buying tickets from gumtree? What's the best way to do the trade?
    Let's say I meet up with the person in town and they hand over the tickets, how do I make sure that those tickets are the real deal?
    Any advice?

Thank you.

Have a look on here, www.adverts.ie

If the seller has good feedback, is a regular poster then you're FAR less likely to get ripped off.

Don't worry about the price being below face, a lot of people just want to get some money back, or some may have won tickets and any cash is a bonus

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭hobbit stomper

Thanks, I will check that out.

I noticed on Gumtree, there are some people saying they're not living in Ireland, or are currently out of the country that's why they can't meet up.

There are also people who simply sell they're printed copy (because they bought it online), but who assures me that they won't simply print loads of copies and then sell them several times...
    So I guess face to face trade in a public place with original non-online tickets is a must.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,934 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Thanks, I will check that out.

I noticed on Gumtree, there are some people saying they're not living in Ireland, or are currently out of the country that's why they can't meet up.

There are also people who simply sell they're printed copy (because they bought it online), but who assures me that they won't simply print loads of copies and then sell them several times...
    So I guess face to face trade in a public place with original non-online tickets is a must.

If it sounds dodgy then it probably is, plenty of tickets available on adverts or toutless.com

Personally i'd only buy from these sites and would only buy hard tickets.

Yeah, like they pay 200 lids for tickets and are out of the country, way too suspicious

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement