Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Garage to align headlights in or around Galway city

• 24-06-2010 7:35pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 547 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know where the best garage etc. isto get the headlights of car aligned for NCT in or around Galway city? By best I mean for price and good job done also.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭Columc

Got mine tone in advance pit stop there on headford rd, opposite the omniplex. got 3 lights changed and they did a quick inspection of the car. total cost was €20 great deal in fairness. left the car there at 9am came back after a trip around town roughly 3 and collected it. they ring you as well when its done, if your just hanging about.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

http://www.galwaycarservicecentre.ie/ are good although I must say they've disappointed me once or twice.
    Mainly because they've too much work I guess. Left car at 10 to be ready at 12. Had to walk home and then back again for 12 - turns out they hadn't even started on it, feckers. Otherwise good work.

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭tribesman78

biko wrote: »
    http://www.galwaycarservicecentre.ie/ are good although I must say they've disappointed me once or twice.
    Mainly because they've too much work I guess. Left car at 10 to be ready at 12. Had to walk home and then back again for 12 - turns out they hadn't even started on it, feckers. Otherwise good work.

I sent mine in here to get aligned as well. Turned out that one of my lamp alignment bolts were broke. so they changed the bulb polished up the light and added some kind of pattern enhancer. Note was on the receipt that it my not pass but i sent it in and it did. So i would say good job and price was good from what i recall.

Note was on the receipt that it my not pass but i sent it in and it did.

Read that and was thinking to myself. They just aligned the headlights, of course it had to pass.. Then I released they were talking about the test in a whole. Doh!

Were abouts galway car service cenetr by the way? the website seems to be down, or my internet is acting up

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭tribesman78

Columc wrote: »
    Read that and was thinking to myself. They just aligned the headlights, of course it had to pass.. Then I released they were talking about the test in a whole. Doh!

Were abouts galway car service cenetr by the way? the website seems to be down, or my internet is acting up

Actually it was about the headlight. They advised me to get a new headlamp but i had left it late so they said they would do the best with the one that was in it. Because one of the alignment screws(horizontal one i think) was broken they could not guarantee it would pass alignment without replacing the whole lamp. They obviously done a good enough job as it did pass. They are right across from the NCT center.

• Advertisement

Actually it was about the headlight. They advised me to get a new headlamp but i had left it late so they said they would do the best with the one that was in it. Because one of the alignment screws(horizontal one i think) was broken they could not guarantee it would pass alignment without replacing the whole lamp. They obviously done a good enough job as it did pass. They are right across from the NCT center.

Ah right, fair enough then. Seems like a good place. might check them out next time the car needs a bit of looking over.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 450 ✭✭SalteeDog

I used that place too (http://www.galwaycarservicecentre.ie/) last time i had to get lights aligned. Actually, my car had just failed the NCT so I just dropped it in across the road from the NCT centre and got it done there and then. (Still had to wait a couple of weeks for the restest though...)

Advertisement