Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Going abroad during JSA wait period?

• 24-06-2010 8:02pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,087 ✭✭✭

Posting this for a non internet literate relative of mine:

She went to the social welfare office for the second time yesterday for a means test (6 months of bank statements etc) to get JSA and was told everything was in order and to expect a letter in approx 8 weeks with details of how to sign on. Is she able to go abroad during this 8 week period since she isnt actually signing on?

Based on reading here I've told her everyone is eligible for the 2 week "holiday" period while actually signing on, there doesnt seem to be anything on this forum about going away while in the wait/processing time period though so I wasnt sure how to advise her on this?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,087 ✭✭✭Blut2

Figured I'd give this one bump in case somebody knew anything or had been in a similar situation, anyone?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭Balagan

She should inform SW about two weeks in advance of her holiday abroad. Her JA, if granted, will be backdated so this waiting period is paid. Also likely a SW Inspector will call on her at home and certainly not good to be found to abroad without having given prior notice.

Advertisement