If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

40" Backlit LED Full HD TV

Options
  • 24-06-2010 8:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13

I want to but a new 40" Backlit LED Full HD TV in coming days. I will also need a new TV stand.

DID have a Philips 40PFL5605H/05 c/w TV Stand & Blu-ray Player for €999 at the moment - Is this a good deal or should I shop around???

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

scarr wrote: »
    I want to but a new 40" Backlit LED Full HD TV in coming days. I will also need a new TV stand.

DID have a Philips 40PFL5605H/05 c/w TV Stand & Blu-ray Player for €999 at the moment - Is this a good deal or should I shop around???

<Snip>

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, RicherSounds.ie Moderator Posts: 2,505 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Ritz

gambiaman,

I've snipped your post, please read the Charter, particularly the following:
    Please note that this forum is for interraction with Richersounds. References to other retailers are not appropriate here, other than if you're directly and genuinely asking for a price-match from Richersounds.

and
    # If you see a post which is looking for a quote or advice from RS, please resist the urge to offer your opinion ! Such queries are not an open invitation for posters to make suggestions etc, these queries should be left to RS to answer. If queries or requests for quotes attracted everyone's opinion, the forum would be unworkable. This is not intended to prevent the usual chat and banter which you will regularly see on the RS forum.

and
    # This forum is for interraction between Boardsies and Richersounds. Occasional misplaced attempts to be helpful are understandable, but posts which are inappropriate in the context of this notice will be snipped or deleted without notice. If you wish to give advice in response to queries, make suggestions etc, then there are plenty of queries and discussions in the Home Entertainment Forums, where your contribution will be very welcome.

Thanks,

Ritz.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, RicherSounds.ie Moderator Posts: 2,505 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Ritz

scarr,

Hi and welcome to the forum.

As you will see from the Charter, this forum is a little different from usual discussion forums. I am assuming that your post here is looking for a quote from Richersounds. If you are looking for general advice and opinions etc. then let me know by posting on this thread - there's no problem having your query moved over to the Home Entertainment Forums if you want.

Cheers,

Ritz.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 scarr

Thank you.

Just for the record I am genuinely asking for a price-match (or better) from Richersounds.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

The Ritz wrote: »
    gambiaman,

I've snipped your post, please read the Charter, particularly the following:

Ritz.

Oops sorry about that, was genuinely trying to point OP to post that I saw the last day or two in regards to that TV.

Cheers

• Advertisement
  • Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

Thanks Guys & Ritzy (not that Ritzy is not a guy (am I digging a big hole for myself here- I think I'll shut up..:o))

That €999 deal with the 40PFL5605 LED TV / Blu-Ray DVD & Freee stand is indeed a spanking deal - especially with the 2 year warranty on the TV as well!

I have PM'ed you a Boardie price ;)

Thanks again Guys,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.