Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Report: Around the wolrd in 10 months

Options
  • 24-06-2010 8:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭

Ive just completed a trip around the planet and am slowly in the process of writing up everyday of my experience. Ive posted about it here before but was banned for "pimping" my blog. There seems to be a more tolerant change of policy in recent times so I'll risk getting permanently banned and post it again:

www.driftervagabond.wordpress.com

My trip involves travelling entirely by land across Russia, Mongolia, China and into Southeast asia to Singapore. After that I continued through Borneo and Indonesia to Australia, traveled down the east coast, flew to New Zealand then on the Fiji, then across the States and back home.

If you have any interest have a read or post a comment here, it might stop me getting booted off this site.

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭dory

Seeing as you have a fair few posts it shouldn't be a problem. Lovely looking blog!

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭The_Daddy_H

Thanks.

for those of you interested in how much such a journey would cost, I figure I spent in the region of 14,000 euros in total, thats including a round the world ticket, extra flights, food, accommodation, travel vaccines, the whole lot.

I was spending in the region of 1000 euro a month in Asia and 2000 in Australia and NZ and the States.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 114 ✭✭spikeprint

I did 10 months around the world. Cost me about 10,000, but that was 5 years ago. 6 months in South America, 4 months in Asia with a stop over in NZ and Oz. It was amazing. I too wrote about it, but in a diary. My hand writing is so bad that now I can't read it. And what I can read is absolute muck.

Yes, avoiding Australia will certainly stretch the budget a lot further + I found it a lot less interesting than any of the other countries I travel in, but thats just a personal preference.

I think writing up your travel experiences is a valuable thing to do, you forget so much as time goes by, soon your back working in a rain soaked concrete office block and its all just a distant memory.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 114 ✭✭spikeprint

I think writing up your travel experiences is a valuable thing to do, you forget so much as time goes by, soon your back working in a rain soaked concrete office block and its all just a distant memory.

Yea, it could work, but I'd never read it again. I find going travelling again helps. That way I only need to remember it until the next trip.

• Advertisement

Ive taken a detailed journey of all 307 days if my travels. My goal is to make an entry of between 500-1000 words for each day. So far Ive found Ive been having difficulty restricting myself since incredibly there is so much to write about for everyday. I think Id struggle to think of one line to describe each day of my regular life.

Advertisement