Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Being billed for before i moved in.

Options
  • 24-06-2010 8:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,554 ✭✭✭✭

Hi,
    I recently started renting a new apartment last month. The landlord changed over the bill from the previous tenant to myself. A few days later-the middle of May-a final bill arrived for the previous tenant.
    On 20th May i got a letter asking me to register my account,which i did. I received a letter of confirmation,and set up a direct debit.
    Today though,i got my 1st bill, dated 16th June. (i was away for a bit)
    However the billing period is from 5th April to 14th June. Why am i being billed for a time when i wasn't registered there,and when the previous tenant already received her final bill in May?
    As it turns out,i never really moved in,i spent one night there,and the bill is for 108euro!!
    The account number if you need it is <snip>
    Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

alwaysadub Please do not post personal information on the interenet i.e. phone numbers, email addresses and account numbers.

dudara

• Closed Accounts Posts: 141 ✭✭ESB CS: Chris

Hi Alwaysadub,

In general, a landlord or letting agent would contact us on behalf of a tenant to register them from the date they move in and the meter reading taken on that day.

It would be best to not to post any personal information such as your account number here on a public forum. For the account privacy, I will send you a PM to discuss this matter further.

Many thanks
    Chris

• Closed Accounts Posts: 141 ✭✭ESB CS: Chris

Thank you Alwaysadub

PM received and I will look into this matter for you asap.

Many thanks
    Chris

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 Cadoche

I think its wrong for landlords or agencies to register a tenant, what if they lie about the move in date?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭Electric Ireland: David

Cadoche wrote: »
    I think its wrong for landlords or agencies to register a tenant, what if they lie about the move in date?

Hi Cadoche,

It is standard business practice to accept information from landlords, letting agencies and property management companies acting on behalf of clients moving in and out of properties.

If you have been registered by such a third party, you are certainly entitled to check and confirm the information they have provided, including meter readings and move in/move out dates. However it is very rare for issues to arise in this regard.

If you have any further queries we will be happy to help.

Thanks,

David.

• Advertisement
Advertisement