Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

So Win 7 Pro 64-bit OEM won't install

Options
  • 24-06-2010 8:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭

It keep erroring out at random points, one time it even blue screened, I'm going to transfer the contents of my disc to a flash drive later for installation.

Any other ideas, other than to keep trying?

P.S. I may not be able to respond to this forum at all or view responses, as the internet at my house is currently out.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,378 ✭✭✭Krieg

Ram could be fecked?
    Is this a new build?

Edit: I just saw your post on the komplett thread below. Id put my money that its a hardware fault. If it is the ram you could try taking 1 stick of ram out, try and install then. If it that gets the same issues put the stick back in, take out the other and try install again.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭VenomIreland

Krieg wrote: »
    Ram could be fecked?
    Is this a new build?

Edit: I just saw your post on the komplett thread below. Id put my money that its a hardware fault. If it is the ram you could try taking 1 stick of ram out, try and install then. If it that gets the same issues put the stick back in, take out the other and try install again.

Hmm, I'll try memtest later, POST doesn't show any errors.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭massy086

well if your stuck iv have win 7 ultimate on disc you can try but not sure if your key will work with it but you could still try it and see if it loads up what error is your win 7 giving u

massy086 wrote: »
    well if your stuck iv have win 7 ultimate on disc you can try but not sure if your key will work with it but you could still try it and see if it loads up what error is your win 7 giving u

Thanks for the offer but I'm going to stick with my copy. Sometimes I get an error that a file is corrupt (happened once), sometimes that the source cannot be read (twice) and once I just BSOD'd, Although I can't remember what it said.

Ok, Mem test detected errors, any way I can fix this?

If not, I shall return them to Komplett and get the memory from somewhere else.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 18,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭Solitaire

Check that the modules are running at the appropriate voltages - if neccessary voyage into the BIOS and manually force the timings and voltage instead of leaving them on Auto then retest with each stick at a time then both together.

Solitaire wrote: »
    Check that the modules are running at the appropriate voltages - if neccessary voyage into the BIOS and manually force the timings and voltage instead of leaving them on Auto then retest with each stick at a time then both together.

Ok, set voltages to the rated 1.65 instead of the auto 1.5, gonna test them for half an hour each then half an hour together.

I decided to just get both done at the same time and run the test once with both sticks, so far it's doing better than the last time, thanks guys! Let's hope it continues to work for the whole test!

Ok, after running for 40 minutes, I am going to stop the test, no errors whatsoever, thank you Solitaire for reminding me to check the voltages :)

Advertisement