Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Meet up number 2

Options
  • 24-06-2010 8:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 14,762 ✭✭✭✭

HAHA I said number two. Ahem, anyway, I'm not sure this requires a second thread but feck it I'm in a creative mood....

Want to see what yis all think about goin out next Thursday 1st July? Would many of y'all be up for it? Only truthful answers please! :D

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,877 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

HAHA I said number two. Ahem, anyway, I'm not sure this requires a second thread but feck it I'm in a creative mood....

Want to see what yis all think about goin out next Thursday 1st July? Would many of y'all be up for it? Only truthful answers please! :D

I'll (probably) be training until 9:30 but I should be able to meet up with the rest of ye shortly after 10:00 :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Stab*City

Possibly as long as it not in another soulless pub like the last one..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,762 ✭✭✭✭stupidusername

I'll (probably) be training until 9:30 but I should be able to meet up with the rest of ye shortly after 10:00 :)
    Stab*City wrote: »

YAY! But what pub are you referring to Stabby?

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Bundasbar

Hi I would be interested all the same, only very new here but willing to take the plunge:)

Bundasbar wrote: »
    Hi I would be interested all the same, only very new here but willing to take the plunge:)

YAY! I'm just hoping all ye saying yes now will stick to it... And if any of ye have suggestions / preferences for pubs let me know...

• Advertisement

YAY! I'm just hoping all ye saying yes now will stick to it... And if any of ye have suggestions / preferences for pubs let me know...

Oh a yes is always a yes concerning me. Am a guinness girl myself so as long as the taps are clean and the pour is good Im happy:D

YAY! But what pub are you referring to Stabby?

All of em!!

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭kenoconnell

I think I know the one being reffered to!!!

Were you there yourself??????

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭kenoconnell

Hey Stu user,

all say yes and its a good one, at least not everyone is negative about everything eh.

If ye want to pop in again everyone more than welcome and as before I'll organise a free round for everyone and if there's a good gang can sort some finger food.

Keep us posted.

Ken

• Registered Users Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭Raiser

Stab stop stirring in fairness - Ken made an open offer, kept his word and all involved reported back that they had a great time, that should pretty much be that shouldn't it???
    Oh a yes is always a yes concerning me. Am a guinness girl myself so as long as the taps are clean and the pour is good Im happy:D

- Ive a feeling the numbers might be a little higher this time anyhow.......

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭RonMexico

Raiser wrote: »
    Stab stop stirring in fairness - Ken made an open offer, kept his word and all involved reported back that they had a great time, that should pretty much be that shouldn't it???

- Ive a feeling the numbers might be a little higher this time anyhow.......

:D Raiser your stalking sucks. You missed this.:pac::pac::pac:

RonMexico wrote: »
    :D Raiser your stalking sucks. You missed this.:pac::pac::pac:

My Stalking is exemplary!!!
    Ok ladies (and lads?)

I've been trying different fake tans for years and I absolutely hate the smell when the start to develop. Some of them smell ok in the bottle and not too bad when freshly applied but all of them stank in the end. I hate the horrible smell that gets trapped in the duvet. I want proper fake tan not body lotion that takes a week to build up colour. Can anyone recommend one for me because I'm so tired of the pong!!!!

Ron
    x

It must be hard for a Mexican in our climate, watching himself fade away day-on-day...... I take it you're going to this so?

- Cork is an hour away, you'll have a good headstart anyhow Bronze Ron.......

My Stalking is exemplary!!!

It must be hard for a Mexican in our climate, watching himself fade away day-on-day...... I take it you're going to this so?

- Cork is an hour away, you'll have a good headstart anyhow Bronze Ron.......

Hehehe two can play at that game Raiser. What about this one:
    Raiser wrote:

The cheek of those Cork lads, coming up here and stealing our wimminz:mad::mad::mad: I'll never get laid at this rate

:D - As for the meet-up, maybe...:cool:

Nice to see what everyone's motives are :rolleyes:

Nice to see what everyone's motives are :rolleyes:

Well I was just joking and meant the young free and single Folks on here - But has it ever occurred to you that lots of People go out drinking socially with the intention of meeting Members of the opposite sex :confused:
    You'll have to get your barmen to strip, then it's a deal! :D

Anyway - Look who's talking Miss :D

But has it ever occurred to you that lots of People go out drinking socially with the intention of meeting Members of the opposite sex :confused:

NEVER! GASP!! :eek:

No i dont frequent pubs. Was there before alright.. carbon copy of russells, scotts and the like.. better atmosphere on mars.
    Stab stop stirring in fairness

Stirring?? Not all of us consider lashing liquor down our throats fun.. I meant does it have to be in a pub? maybe you should change the thread title to p.iss up instead of meet up..

i think ill start a boards karting meetup thread..

No i dont frequent pubs. Was there before alright.. carbon copy of russells, scotts and the like.. better atmosphere on mars.

You're either in this thread accidentally so or just came in here on purpose to argue ;)

- I'm not mad into Airsoft but I'm not going to wander in to the Forum now and tell them they are all wasting their time etc. etc.
    Stirring?? Not all of us consider lashing liquor down our throats fun.. I meant does it have to be in a pub? maybe you should change the thread title to p.iss up instead of meet up..

Fair point, lots of Folks exercise free will on a daily basis and choose to spend time as they please.

- Live and let live, not so hard is it :D

Well I've had a think about what other venues would facilitate a group of people wanting a chat, and I couldn't really come up with anything. Karting and bowling don't really suit now do they?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 967 ✭✭✭Jigga

Not it shouldn't because Ken is breaking this rule to advertise his pub. Still no word from the moderators on his blatant disregard for the rules, shame on them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭Nockz

Jigga wrote: »
    Not it shouldn't because Ken is breaking this rule to advertise his pub. Still no word from the moderators on his blatant disregard for the rules, shame on them.
    Because organising a place for boards members to meet up in no way contributes to the community. Yeah right...

Jigga wrote: »

I'd hate to see him being sanctioned for inviting People in for a free drink and Finger Food :confused:

- I'd be all on for any future Business interaction if they are willing to contribute to something Members are discussing/planning etc.

Quid pro quo beats swallowing the rule book any day in my opinion!!!

Hopefully the Mods will use discretion and good judgement.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭Itsdacraic

Some people take this internet lark very seriously.

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭Nockz

Posting of material purely for commercial or other self-interested purpose, without the intention of participating in the community.

With no disrespect to the mods I'd like to point out that the sole purpose ken made that comment was in order to participate in the community therefore rendering any chance of breaking this rule null and void imo...

He hasn't even told us the name of his pub like! :p

Used to find the accent difficult to understand, must of been the bad version. Dating a guy now from Cork and well the accent makes me melt....SWIT SWOO

Bundabar has dumped the the Baggage for a shot at the Smooth Movers on here - I betting on ItsDaCraic, a June Wedding and that they call their first Son Raiser :D
    I take it back, its a horrible accent.....(yes its all over hahaha)

This thread is the perfect example of why I won't be attending any meet up. What starts off as a good humoured idea to have a laugh is quickly ruined by people with a chip on their shoulder. Ken should be made more than welcome on here instead of people sniping at him to pursue their own agendas.

2256205822_e30aa80244_o.jpg

Does this mean we don't get to see your fake tan purchases after all?

- Why not turn up cause of general whinging - Its only spiteing yourself ;)

This thread is the perfect example of why I won't be attending any meet up. What starts off as a good humoured idea to have a laugh is quickly ruined by people with a chip on their shoulder. Ken should be made more than welcome on here instead of people sniping at him to pursue their own agendas.

Awh. but the one's that have the chip on their shoulders aren't going along.... us that are are nice and normal. And, well, I'm fair lovely. Just ask xsiborg. Ive told him enough times anyway, so he should agree by now.

PLEASE!?

Bundabar has dumped the the Baggage for a shot at the Smooth Movers on here - I betting on ItsDaCraic, a June Wedding and that they call their first Son Raiser :D

OH NO! why did she do it!? WHAT HAS SHE DONE!???? :D

• Advertisement

Haha hilarious, how much are you willing to bet??? Im sure myself and ItsDaCraic could come to some arrangement if the award is worth it;)

And just to add I think everyone should chill out on this thread, lets get back to basics are ye coming or not????

Advertisement