Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Transformers: War for Cybertron

• 24-06-2010 8:50pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭

Actually getting very good reviews! I wasn't going to pick this up, but I think I'll get it tomorrow.

http://ie.xbox360.ign.com/articles/110/1100843p1.html

Seems like a decent online game too, and I'm not really an online game person.

Nice to finally get a decent Transformers game. Hasn't been one since that PS2 one.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Im quite meh on this, not really a big MP player (competitive anyways) so will probably just rent it at some stage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 697 ✭✭✭kevin2me

Bout Time Someone from Boards.ie posted on this. Haha

Man I cannot wait for this, finally a proper G1 Tf Game....

And 90% Review on IGN rocks.
    Usually Tf Game gets 7 and ill bump it up to 8 just coz im massive fan.
    So with this already a 9 .... ooh dear god its gonna be class.... :)

Some class reviews here also:
    http://tformers.com/reviews.php?op=showcontent&id=1152
    http://www.gamesradar.com/xbox360/transformers-war-for-cybertron/review/transformers-war-for-cybertron-super-review/a-2010062214346690002/g-20100113105435372002
    http://g4tv.com/games/xbox-360/63077/Transformers-War-for-Cybertron/review/

For me Armada Games rocked until I got stuck on a Level and couldnt get passed it. And that was PS2 Game

But looks like this game will trump it, all with XBox 360 HD Goodness

My only grip is Create ur own TF is meant to be very poor
    so it will stop people creating all the other Tfs that didnt make it in and sharing them, which wud have been great coz some people wud spend hours making class customizations and share them.
    I bet this is intentional as there'll be loads of extra characters to sold on Xbox Live, something I would never pay for usually but this might just make me spend on LIVE for once.

Im hoping for Hotrod to be added :)
    "If You’re Gonna Ride, Ride in Style"

Big as for minor grips people on other forums complain about, just stop whining and have bit of fun with it, no true TF Fan gonna give a crap of those little annoyances. Lets face it just lucky a company releasing such a good game, basically Gears of War with great multiplayer and G1 to boot!!!

And Lets hope their be a WFC 2 down the line.

Lets here from rest of Irish on boards too :)

Kev

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

I had heard positive news about this (compared to Arkham Asylum in how it would completely surprise you at how brilliant it was). I downloaded the Multiplayer demo, and was very disappointed - It just didn't grab me. The graphics were disappointing, and the controls a bit clunky and it was sometimes hard to distinguish between the background and a transformer in the distance.

I'll add some caveats to my first impressions:
    - I was playing on an SD tv (maybe it's better on HD)
    - It was a demo (so, possibly unfinished code)
    - I'm crap at online MP for most shooters.

The idea seems good, and back to the original Transformers sounded really great. But I should have known when I heard the comparisons in previews (this years Arkham Asylum, with the controls of Gears of War and the Perks system of Modern Warfare) ...
    It's the same for movies, if you see "This years Matrix" or "If you liked Four Weddings, you'll love this" on the box in Xtravision, you generally know to give it a miss. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

I've only played part of the first level, as I only got home from work late. It's decent enough so far. Playing on hard so it's tricky enough, and there's not a massive amount of ammo, but good fun so far. Not recommending it as such yet, but promising start.

• Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭Jafin

I finished it there yesterday, I don't think I've ever flown through a game so fast before. I'm not saying it's overly short, I did it it in about 9 or 10 hours on easy mode, but the multiplayer is amazing imho, apart from getting disconnected a lot, although I don't know is that down to my connection or the host servers.

One of the best games I've played in ages, and the online death matches will keep me coming back for more. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

Bump? :eek:
    Man i just downloaded the MP demo and wow, this game is really alot of fun! Im surprised there isnt alot more posts on this thread. Im defo gonna pick this game up when i get the chance. The multiplayer from the demo seems great and all that was-was deathmatch. Storymode coop also. Count me in!

Note - Im a massive G1 transformers fan. Well maybe its more nostalgia. Movies sucked. Well the first one was ok

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,911 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

I was amazed this game got such good reviews i think IGN gave it 9 saying it was outstanding !! Its not a 6 out of 10 is more like it. It is pretty average very average. Only reason people will enjoy it is if they are big fans the game its self is boring.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,871 ✭✭✭Karmafaerie

Grumpy, I think you might have been living up to your name there!
    :p

The game was very good.
    A lot of variety, and once you get used to it, the transforming is so natural.

I'd have given it 8.5/10 myself.

The one and only problem I have with it is that in the thick of the action in a deathmatch, the L3 button on the PS3 control seems to be too sensitive and I end up transforming when I'm just trying to move away a bit.

Jafin wrote: »
    The one and only problem I have with it is that in the thick of the action in a deathmatch, the L3 button on the PS3 control seems to be too sensitive and I end up transforming when I'm just trying to move away a bit.

Thats more of a problem when the PS3 controller i think :P Both the L3 and R3 buttons on that are way to sensitive. Im constantly hitting them when im moving about on various games

• Advertisement

Thats more of a problem when the PS3 controller i think :P Both the L3 and R3 buttons on that are way to sensitive. Im constantly hitting them when im moving about on various games

Yeah true I guess. Also I have noticed that sometimes it takes a few seconds for the characters to fully render. I asked a friend who has it on Xbox and he said that it doesn't happen for him. So it's probably either a PS3 thing or just an isolated problem.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭yoshytoshy

Had a look at this and found it to be much like unreal tournament. Even the sound is almost the same.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

I just switched the transform button to triangle on the PS3, works a lot better.

Jafin wrote: »
    Also I have noticed that sometimes it takes a few seconds for the characters to fully render

In the demo this is true, dunno about the full game though. I have the game but cant play till Monday cause me coop buddy is on a mad one for the bank holiday weekend :(

I also got Unreal Tournament vibes while playing the demo, weird. Thats a good thing though :D

• Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭balfe1990

The Demos fairly shockin although on my first crack at it, I got a K/D ratio of 20:4. Was pretty chuffed...

Advertisement