Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Single Speed finally finished

• 24-06-2010 8:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭

Finally got my single speed(freewheel) finished on Tuesday night.

I would like to say thanks to all who gave me tips and advice. It was all greatly appreciated.

Eoin

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 410 ✭✭Kannon

very nice

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,676 ✭✭✭Gavin

Aye, very good! Nice and distinctive, not crass like the horrible coloured deep section cheapo fixies you see all over the places now. Great job! Where's you get the paintjob done, or did you do it yourself ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,565 ✭✭✭thebouldwhacker

Nice job indeed, one final thing though.....?

These:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭jwshooter

my girlfriend used to be that skinny , must be my cooking . nice bike BTW .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,747 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

Nice job indeed, one final thing though.....?

These:)
    no

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,163 ✭✭✭Dr_Colossus

Nice bike and colour scheme, I'd agree with the red pedals I think. Why the chain tensioner though, is it to allow for a larger freewheel change without having to add more chain links?

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭enoonan

Thanks guys for the compliments.
    I painted it myself. Some Fiat Racing Red I had left over in the shed from a car I used to compete in.
    I have managed to come across a pair of Red Look Keos for handy money so they have now gone on it.
    I added the chain tensioner as I have not sorted out the rear mech properly yet. I am currently using the original 5sp freewheel block and 4th & 5th gears until I sort it properly. So the tensioner is handy for changing between 14t and 17t depending on the spin I do!! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,234 ✭✭✭flickerx

enoonan wrote: »
    I added the chain tensioner as I have not sorted out the rear mech properly yet. I am currently using the original 5sp freewheel block and 4th & 5th gears until I sort it properly. So the tensioner is handy for changing between 14t and 17t depending on the spin I do!! :)

You shouldnt need it if you're only switching between a 14 and a 17t. I have a flip-flop on my polo bike running a 15t on one side and a 22t on the other, and the axle stays in the dropouts when the wheel is flipped over, they're about the same length as yours (its an old road bike conversion).

Advertisement