Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Covered number plates

Options
  • 24-06-2010 9:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 432 ✭✭

Walked down to slipway at Greens bridge today and a green 01 TS Primera pulled up with a horse in an old cattle trailer, they were members of the so called travelling community who dont travel, but as soon as they stopped on the grass the woman got out and covered both number plates with towels and then the family got out and took the horse swimming in the river, Why cover the number plates?????

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,386 ✭✭✭EKRIUQ

So no body can report them and be traced by the number plate

• Registered Users Posts: 432 ✭✭Glenalla

Report them for what

• Closed Accounts Posts: 675 ✭✭✭Dr.Sanchez

Glenalla wrote: »
    Walked down to slipway at Greens bridge today and a green 01 TS Primera pulled up with a horse in an old cattle trailer, they were knackers, but as soon as they stopped on the grass the woman got out and covered both number plates with towels and then the family got out and took the horse swimming in the river, Why cover the number plates?????

I once got booted off here for using the word Knacker, apparently its bad!

They were probably washing the horse and worried that someone would report them or something... Greens Bridge is a bit close to town, I usually only see them doing it way off out the Bleach Road.

00Blaine00 wrote: »

They were probably washing the horse and worried that someone would report them or something... Greens Bridge is a bit close to town, I usually only see them doing it way off out the Bleach Road.

Ammended my quote in case I offended anyone "pale face" or is that not allowed either!

Is there something wrong with them washing horses, its not as if they are polluting the water, there is a sign from the medical general that all fish caught between Greens Bridge and Johns Bridge are not fit for human consumption, (did any one tell the fish not to stray from this section)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭thetonynator

00Blaine00 wrote: »

They wash the horses there the whole time. Also in Inistioge and graig.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,105 ✭✭✭hi5

Glenalla wrote: »
    Report them for what

Cruelty to animals,washing their horses in dirty water:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

they dont want to be reported as if the guards put the reg into pulse it might come out with a different vehicle altogether? some people have stolen vans using false number plates.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,313 ✭✭✭fabbydabby

Why would you go to the hassle of getting false number plates made and then covering them up? That makes no sense at all.

Anyway, the big hoo-ha people go on with when travellers wash their horses in the river, it's comical....

I have seen herds of cattle standing in the tributary streams shtting and pssing into the water, farmers emptying effluent into them, fertiliser, dead animals... the bloody things are home to vast quantities of river rats and other lovely creatures, yet people still go on about the boys washing their horses?

Seriously, get some perspective.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

Did you see the Frontline last night? Clowns on both sides. The cute traveller from Ballyfermot was about the only one that spoke any sense.

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Did you see the Frontline last night? Clowns on both sides. The cute traveller from Ballyfermot was about the only one that spoke any sense.

hmm must watch that on RTE Player when I get the chance

• Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭thebullkf

Cabaal wrote: »
    hmm must watch that on RTE Player when I get the chance

watched it.

idiots on both sides is right.

but some salient points made.

Advertisement