Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Rear demister - No bars working

• 24-06-2010 9:32pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭

Hello there,

The rear demister button in my car lights up but thats about it.

I brought it to the garage and they showed me that there is power going to it but the bars must be broken.

I have ordered some conductive paint and I am just wondering whats the best way to locate these breaks without a voltometer?

Cheers

Comments

You should be able to see the breaks to be honest, look over at the edge where they all join to the transmitter thing yoke.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭brendansmith

RoverJames wrote: »
    You should be able to see the breaks to be honest, look over at the edge where they all join to the transmitter thing yoke.

Do you mean where the metal thingy is attached to the window? Wouldthe breaks not be more likely where the bars are at their thinnest?

Yeah your man in the garage said I would be able to see the breaks in sunlight.

Yeah your man in the garage said I would be able to see the breaks in sunlight.

I presumed you were after having a look before posting up :)
    Best thing is to have a look ;)

I presumed you were after having a look before posting up :)
    Best thing is to have a look ;)

I have had a look but im in New Zealand, we havent had much sunlight in the last week. Thats why im trying to educate myself so I can sieze the oppertunity when it arises.

Anything helpful to add? :)

Anything helpful to add? :)

Nope :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,096 ✭✭✭johnos1984

Nope :)

Some of those connections can be opened where the wire meets the glass. Check if they are dirty with green mold, it happened me before

johnos1984 wrote: »
    Some of those connections can be opened where the wire meets the glass. Check if they are dirty with green mold, it happened me before

That's what I meant in my first post :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

It's a bit odd for all the bars to be damaged. Is the car a hatchback? I'd be suspecting the wiring to the demister.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,915 ✭✭✭GTE

Do report back if that conductive paint works. What brand is it?
    I got some from Halfords and it was the most pointless purchase in the world. Though I have 2 or 3 inch breaks in the element.

EDIT:
    Seems you may have a different problem

bbk wrote: »
    I got some from Halfords and it was the most pointless purchase in the world. Though I have 2 or 3 inch breaks in the element.

It's only intended to bridge little breaks iirc correctly from my happy days in a factors.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,915 ✭✭✭GTE

It's only intended to bridge little breaks iirc correctly from my happy days in a factors.

Yeah well it didnt even fix those

*goes off in a huff* lol

I was expecting a lot from it I know.

Anan1 wrote: »
    It's a bit odd for all the bars to be damaged. Is the car a hatchback? I'd be suspecting the wiring to the demister.

Yeah its a hatchback. The mechanic used a voltometer with a bulb in it and was getting readings when he touched the bars in some places.
    bbk wrote: »

I will indeed

Advertisement