Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Steam summer sale - 24th June to 4th July

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,845 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Very nice, enjoy the Broken Swords man, great memories playing those games!

The Valve Complete pack for 60 euro is un****inbelieveable!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,013 ✭✭✭SirLemonhead

I've played the second game a couple of times (I still have a copy of it) plus I'm pretty sure my sister or I have the 3rd game. I couldn't resist getting them again purely for the convenience of not having to hunt down the CD's if I ever want to replay them :o

I've played the second game a couple of times (I still have a copy of it) plus I'm pretty sure my sister or I have the 3rd game. I couldn't resist getting them again purely for the convenience of not having to hunt down the CD's if I ever want to replay them :o

Ah 1st was is def worth a play through, excellent when you go to Ireland and have to talk to the paddy's in the pub :D

Yeah the first was definitely my favourite. I think everyone had trouble with that goat :D

Yeah the first was definitely my favourite. I think everyone had trouble with that goat :D

Oh man that fukin goat. Unfortunately, most of my memories of that game were of before that goat cuz I would get stuck on him every playthrough!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 25,848 ✭✭✭✭Zombrex

Pity I own so many of these games already :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭VenomIreland

Just bought The Witcher: Enhanced Edition, only to find out it's a 14GB download and I'll be DL'ing for 2 or so days :(

And now I keep getting a message saying the servers are too busy.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

everyones doing the same thing as you im afraid. pillaging the steam servers :pac:

everyones doing the same thing as you im afraid. pillaging the steam servers :pac:

I've even tried the UK servers, no luck either.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Lu Tze

Just bought The Witcher: Enhanced Edition, only to find out it's a 14GB download and I'll be DL'ing for 2 or so days :(

bought it as well... my vodafone broadband dongle aint going to cut the mustard for this!

Left 4 Dead 2 is €10.20 now

Lu Tze wrote: »
    bought it as well... my vodafone broadband dongle aint going to cut the mustard for this!

Oh lol :D

I can't even connect to STEAM itself now, must wait until later tonight.

Left 4 Dead 2 is €10.20 now

I dunno how many curses i let out there man!!!! I was just about to bu yit for 20!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! gonna wait another hour, it might be a fiver!:D

THANK YOU SIR LEMON HEAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Lu Tze

Oh lol :D

I can't even connect to STEAM itself now, must wait until later tonight.

Luckily the most of the games i bought are much older, for my laptop, so the installs are mostly less than 1gig. GTA Vice City and the two Deus Ex Games.

Luckily the most of the games i bought are much older, for my laptop, so the installs are mostly less than 1gig. GTA Vice City and the two Deus Ex Games.

Hey Lu from the Vice City thread :D Goodluck with the performance!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭Griffin87

nice price for l4d 2. just bought it

• Registered Users Posts: 5,298 ✭✭✭ionapaul

Griffin87 wrote: »
    nice price for l4d 2. just bought it
    Likewise - just bought L4D2 and got GTA4: Episodes from Liberty City yesterday, god bless Steam and their sales!

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

anyone who hasnt got audiosurf yet and loves music, BUY IT.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,005 ✭✭✭✭titan18

ionapaul wrote: »
    Likewise - just bought L4D2 and got GTA4: Episodes from Liberty City yesterday, god bless Steam and their sales!

You should have waited on both of them.L4D2 is on further sale now and I wouldn't be surprised if Episodes from Liberty City was reduced again

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 710 ✭✭✭BattlingCheese

if it's anything like previous sales with Steam only buy the daily specials. Everything else tends to be reduced even more towards the end of the sale.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,005 ✭✭✭✭titan18

if it's anything like previous sales with Steam only buy the daily specials. Everything else tends to be reduced even more towards the end of the sale.

I dunno,some games have been reduced by 66 or 80% already without the daily specials.I'd doubt they'd be reduced further.I go with if it isn't reduced by over 60%, wait and see if it'll be reduced further, and if it's not and I still want it at the end,I'll get it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭thewheel2.0

Its the price of a chicken roll for feck sake everyone BUY NOW! And when you have bought it play Queen Another One Bites the dust.

For those that don't know its a game that builds tracks from MP3 files really novel idea for 2 quid!

Agreed, i got it free from a promo, pretty good if it;s only €2 now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

Tenner for l4d2, now thats value, bought it twice so I can play with young fella

• Registered Users Posts: 2,378 ✭✭✭Krieg

PogMoThoin wrote: »
    Tenner for l4d2, now thats value, bought it twice so I can play with young fella
    just bought it myself, great price

Steam servers must be nackerd, im getting 25kb/s dl

• Registered Users Posts: 14,847 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Bought company of heroes for €4, 9GB download!!!! :eek: very high for a 2006 game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

Krieg wrote: »
    just bought it myself, great price

Steam servers must be nackerd, im getting 25kb/s dl

~700KB/s here

You are so lucky, the max my line can take is 1Mb :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

Why why why must my mac have such a crap graphics card?! :(

All these great cheap games and I can't play em

Advertisement