Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Steam summer sale - 24th June to 4th July

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

I bought Dirt 2 and Bioshock2 the other day for 27 euro total, just bought L4D2 and Company of Heroes for total of 14 euros LOL.
    I might buy a GTA game, which one is regarded the best?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

I think Gta IV is the best. Tho Im hoping the price will come down more for it.

Theirs too many games to chose from :(

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,440 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Kiith wrote: »
    Yes, and its pretty damn good, especially at that price. Its mounted combat is really good (obviously).

Should I just get mounted blade then and not bother with the original?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭phlegms

I'm getting 560 KB/s on my downloads, feel kinda guilty now considering the speeds most peeps seem to be getting. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭VenomIreland

I'm luckily (or unluckily) getting 100Kb/s and that's the max my line can take.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,873 ✭✭✭Simi

I had to wait 4days to play "the new" CS:S because of this damn sale! Kept getting busy error... Some great bargains though! :D Can't wait to see my credit card balance this month :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,005 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Mine was dling at about 350 to 450KB/s.

The Witcher is too much of a dl though.That'll take a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,016 ✭✭✭Wossack

40-50kb/s.. lame

this 16.5gb is gonna take a while

• Registered Users Posts: 29,845 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Got L4D, Now just gotta wait about a week to play it :mad:

Download speed: Sloooooooooooooowww

L4D 2 is gonna go back into the charts with this sale!!

• Registered Users Posts: 988 ✭✭✭Zeouterlimits

Getting 1.3mb/s this morning downloading L4D2. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,378 ✭✭✭Krieg

Same here :D
    I better download more games before people wake up and log on :p

I'm going to contact Vodafone and see if there is any way our line can be improved so we can get 3Mb speeds.

100KB/s is not fast enough.

Bit the bullet and went for the witcher. Hope its worth it

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

Picked up the THQ pack but gonna keep an eye on the daily specials :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,016 ✭✭✭Wossack

supreme commander 2 for 11.21... yoink

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,438 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Zeno Clash which I'm interested in is going really cheap. Of course I'm broke until tuesday :'(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,091 ✭✭✭Antar Bolaeisk

Is Force Unleashed worth picking up for €7.50?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭Niska

Should I just get mounted blade then and not bother with the original?

Get Mount & Blade:Warband (seeing as both it and the original are the same price, €14.99 at the mo). It has everything the first game had plus more, including an introductory quest rather than starting you in the middle of nowhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭thewheel2.0

So I picked up L4D2. When L4D1 goes on sale is it worth picking up? Is there much difference?

Also woo my laptop can run it!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,440 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Niska wrote: »
    Get Mount & Blade:Warband (seeing as both it and the original are the same price, €14.99 at the mo). It has everything the first game had plus more, including an introductory quest rather than starting you in the middle of nowhere.

Hmm I think I will :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,378 ✭✭✭Krieg

Just got the eidos pack. 75 for 515 euros worth, cant argue with that.

Can anyone comment on settlers 7
    Worth the €33 price tag? would i get 20/30 hours out of it?

O my God, Steam messed up on pricing the Eidos pack! Says was 99, now 75 but like poster above said, worth way more!!!!

Ye all have to check this out!!

http://store.steampowered.com/sub/4582/

Edit: Sorry, the pack is actually 99 usually, thats still a huge saving as the games individually are worth 593 euro, unreal!!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,005 ✭✭✭✭titan18

sheehy83 wrote: »
    O my God, Steam messed up on pricing the Eidos pack! Says was 99, now 75 but like poster above said, worth way more!!!!

Ye all have to check this out!!

http://store.steampowered.com/sub/4582/

Edit: Sorry, the pack is actually 99 usually, thats still a huge saving as the games individually are worth 593 euro, unreal!!

Not really, the saving on the individual game is much less, as some of those games are priced extremely high.If you were looking for those games on Amazon etc, they'd cost you less individually than the price on Steam for all of them.The pack is still a good deal though depending on how many games you're interested in

titan18 wrote: »
    Not really, the saving on the individual game is much less, as some of those games are priced extremely high.If you were looking for those games on Amazon etc, they'd cost you less individually than the price on Steam for all of them.The pack is still a good deal though depending on how many games you're interested in

True true, It just looks nuts showing how much you save, even though I would already play 1/4 of those games and there are only 4o5 I havn't played haha. Damn attractive sale prices. You would be all year downloading all those games anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

So I picked up L4D2. When L4D1 goes on sale is it worth picking up? Is there much difference?

Also woo my laptop can run it!

No point picking up the first if you have L4D2 tbh, 2 improves and adds to everything on 1. The only you wont get to enjoy is some of the classic campaigns. Aside from that stick with L4D2, ive not played 1 since 2 was released

• Registered Users Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭thewheel2.0

SeantheMan wrote: »
    No point picking up the first if you have L4D2 tbh, 2 improves and adds to everything on 1. The only you wont get to enjoy is some of the classic campaigns. Aside from that stick with L4D2, ive not played 1 since 2 was released

Thanks I think if it goes really cheap I might consider it for the classic campaigns!

Thanks I think if it goes really cheap I might consider it for the classic campaigns!

I bought L4D 2 (still downloading) but played the balls off the 1st one. Had some absolutely brilliant levels. I'm not really excited for the swamp levels in this but me and the lads will just mostly be playing versus anyway. Oh, I think a new campaign is coming out for the 1st one as well that is a prequel to a DLC campaing in the new game (sorry, sounds confusing)

I saw a vid on youtube, the guy who made the song still alive for portal put a hidden song in L4D2, you activate a jukebox and it starts playing a new song with the words 'im still alive...killing zombies' Cant wait to to play this!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,848 ✭✭✭✭Zombrex

Is Force Unleashed worth picking up for €7.50?

I bought it and then saw it takes 25 gigs of install space. 25 GIGABYTES. Wtf. From reading online it seems to be a pretty lazy port. 7.50 isn't much but it is still annoying.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,854 ✭✭✭Polar101

I got The Witcher (enhanced edition) for €5.43 a few days ago.. seems like great value to me.

• Advertisement

Polar101 wrote: »
    I got The Witcher (enhanced edition) for €5.43 a few days ago.. seems like great value to me.

Me too, can't wait for the download to hopefully complete sometime tomorrow, as it'll be my first time playing it :)

Advertisement