Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Steam summer sale - 24th June to 4th July

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Max Payne bundle for €3.74? Yes please.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭thewheel2.0

Kiith wrote: »
    Max Payne bundle for €3.74? Yes please.

It came out on console too anyone know which is the best platform to buy on?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭oceanclub

I already have no. 2 from GOG.com, and the demo for number 3 was a buggy mess, but for 1.99 I'll still give this a go.

€3.74 for the Max Payne bundle, if there's anyone in the world who still doesn't own them.

P.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

If i buy EVE Online: Tyrannis, am i getting access to the whole game or is it like buying TBC for wow in that you need the original game?

Also is Civ4 good?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

If i buy EVE Online: Tyrannis, am i getting access to the whole game or is it like buying TBC for wow in that you need the original game?

Also is Civ4 good?

Tyrannis is the name of the current 'expansion' in Eve, and you get full access to the whole game with it. Its not so much an expansion like TBC of WotLK, more like the current version of the game.

And Civ 4 is supposed to be brilliant.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,091 ✭✭✭Antar Bolaeisk

Polar101 wrote: »
    I got The Witcher (enhanced edition) for €5.43 a few days ago.. seems like great value to me.

It is and you should feel ashamed that you payed so little for such a fantastic game...

...then immediately get over your shame and start enjoying the game :p
    Wicknight wrote: »
    I bought it and then saw it takes 25 gigs of install space. 25 GIGABYTES. Wtf. From reading online it seems to be a pretty lazy port. 7.50 isn't much but it is still annoying.

Yeah, I saw that, they must have rendered a heap of cut-scenes and forgotten to compress them or something!

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭tampler

Me too, can't wait for the download to hopefully complete sometime tomorrow, as it'll be my first time playing it :)

It starts out a bit slow but stick with it. Its worth it in the end :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭VenomIreland

tampler wrote: »
    It starts out a bit slow but stick with it. Its worth it in the end :)
    I certainly will :)

Hope I can get to the werewolf quests in Morrowind before I finish DL'ing this, else I fear I won't be able to pick up Morrowind again until I've completed the main events in The Witcher :)

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭BeardyFunzo

2€ for EVE online?! out comes the credit card again...

• Registered Users Posts: 558 ✭✭✭Kazuma

Introversion pack for €5...

So many hours poured into Uplink and Darwinia back in the day, I couldn't resist :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,864 ✭✭✭uberpixie

so far....

witcher
    indigio prophecy
    and Flotilla.

Flotilla is €2.25 today, bought it on a whim on the strength of a bit-tech review I saw ages back.
    http://www.bit-tech.net/gaming/pc/2010/03/14/flotilla-review/1

Simple good fun. Played in 6 times already, each time a bit different. Eats time without you realising. Well worth it.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Eve online for 2 euros? think ill grab this.
    Quick question though on the info page it says

"Play for FREE – You can buy game time with in-game money you earn while playing."

Is this the case?
    I cant justify paying another monthly sub, i already have subs going for other stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,016 ✭✭✭Wossack

I dont imagine you'd be able to earn enough in game money to pay for your subs and you in game whims Im afraid

not for a good few months at least

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭Drakar

A guy in work pays his subs from ingame currency, he's been at it a couple of years though now and is into the tricks.

For Witcher fans, not sure if these will work properly on the Steam version but:
    http://witcher2game.com/2010/06/must-have-mods-for-the-witcher/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭Moist Bread

Grinding isk in eve is horrible, you won't earn enough for a sub for a few months.

E: Sorry, I looked it up and you do get 30 days free.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 156 ✭✭Arfan

This site is tracking steam sales in an easily searchable and comparitive format. Credit goes to Rock, Paper, Shotgun for this find.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Hmmm, Witcher seems to have jumped to €10.71 now.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

Gothic 3 is down to 3.74 BUY THIS. Its like Oblivion should have been.

But go and patch it up before playing. Savegames from the version steam have it released at wont work on latest patch.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,199 ✭✭✭muppetkiller

I've bought loads this week lol
    Bloody sale has me robbed. I probably wont play half these games but so far i've picked up.
    Men of War 1 and Red Tide
    Star Wars Force unleashed
    Left for Dead 2
    Commandos Collection
    Gothic 3
    Burnout Ultimate box

and probably pick up more later when they announce more deals..

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,477 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

I think I'm going to risk picking up Torchlight - heard good things, although never played a game of the type before.

Edit: And impulsively picked up EVE and Civ IV because they were cheap. Damn credit cards.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 920 ✭✭✭Menengroth™

I think I'm going to risk picking up Torchlight - heard good things, although never played a game of the type before.

Its pretty good, actually playing it at the moment after a six month hiatus & new OS in between, <3 Steam Cloud for saving everything. Will help tide me over until Diablo 3 is released in 2075.

Edit: And impulsively picked up EVE and Civ IV because they were cheap. Damn credit cards.

EVE still has a monthly charge and a steeeeep learning curve. CIV IV is good.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,477 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Its pretty good, actually playing it at the moment after a six month hiatus & new OS in between, <3 Steam Cloud for saving everything. Will help tide me over until Diablo 3 is released in 2075.

Yeah my choices were limited due to Mac use, but it's less than a tenner so may as well give it a whirl. Less than a gig too so the download is flying along.
    Jumpy wrote: »
    EVE still has a monthly charge and a steeeeep learning curve. CIV IV is good.

Yeah, I tried the EVE trial for a day or two once and my head got all fuzzled :/ Only two euro for the full pack and a month's subscription in the sale though, so I'll give it a go again. I'm not the biggest RTS fan, but have heard nothing but good things about Civ IV so worth a go at a tenner for that and three expansions.

Plus, my Mac needs more games :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,879 ✭✭✭Coriolanus

aaronh007 wrote: »
    Why why why must my mac have such a crap graphics card?! :(

All these great cheap games and I can't play em
    This is why they're on sale. Buy them now. Play them later. I've a half dozen games on Steam bought for pennies that my current rig can't handle or that I don't have the dl cap for.
    Should I just get mounted blade then and not bother with the original?
    As above, get Warband. It's a vast improvement over the original. Must dig up the old thread, if they're not posted already, there's some quality mods being made from the ground up for Warband at the moment.

Yeah, I tried the EVE trial for a day or two once and my head got all fuzzled :/ Only two euro for the full pack and a month's subscription in the sale though, so I'll give it a go again. I'm not the biggest RTS fan, but have heard nothing but good things about Civ IV so worth a go at a tenner for that and three expansions.

Plus, my Mac needs more games :pac:
    Enlist with EVE Uni. It'll take a week or so for the ROs to get to you, but even the Chat.E-Uni channel is an enormous help.
    I quit the first time I started after about a month. Join the Uni this time and it's made an amazing difference.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

Decided to buy Burnout Ultimate box. Gonna rape* it now over the next few days :D

*not literally :P

Arfan wrote: »
    This site is tracking steam sales in an easily searchable and comparitive format. Credit goes to Rock, Paper, Shotgun for this find.

Oh you utter, utter BASTARD (I mean this in a good way).

Now I wont have ANY money left. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭thewheel2.0

Arfan wrote: »

I prefer steamgamesales.com, it lists it in euro (if you click the flag) and sorts it by most recent sale witch is great with the timed sales!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

steam is refusing my credit card even though they are selling operation flashpoint 2 for £3 and oddworld 1 + 2 for £2

maybe my card is trying to tell me something...

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Anyone got King Arthur? Looks decent and is a tempting price.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 662 ✭✭✭Liber8or

Just want to remind everyone that this Summer Sale is very similar in nature to the Xmas one last year, and if that is anything to go by, the last day (July 4th) will have some amazing offers.

For example, the last day of the STEAM Xmas sale saw BioShock, Left 4 Dead, GTAIV, Stalker and others all go down to a ridiculously low price. Since most of these games have already seen price drops in the Daily Specials, I can imagine at least 3 to 4 triple AAA titles coming down to next to nothing for the final day.

So keep the Credit Card ready! :P

Advertisement