Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Steam summer sale - 24th June to 4th July

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

Liber8or wrote: »
    Just want to remind everyone that this Summer Sale is very similar in nature to the Xmas one last year, and if that is anything to go by, the last day (July 4th) will have some amazing offers.

For example, the last day of the STEAM Xmas sale saw BioShock, Left 4 Dead, GTAIV, Stalker and others all go down to a ridiculously low price. Since most of these games have already seen price drops in the Daily Specials, I can imagine at least 3 to 4 triple AAA titles coming down to next to nothing for the final day.

So keep the Credit Card ready! :P

Yeah i've been told by people with more experience of these sales that the key to them is only buy the daily specials until the last day.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,847 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

BlitzKrieg wrote: »
    steam is refusing my credit card even though they are selling operation flashpoint 2 for £3 and oddworld 1 + 2 for £2

maybe my card is trying to tell me something...
    Same thing happened to me last night, AIB froze it.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

how long til it unfroze or did you need to ring?

BlitzKrieg wrote: »
    how long til it unfroze or did you need to ring?

I rang, here's the number 01 6685500

• Registered Users Posts: 1,496 ✭✭✭wayne040576

Bloody hell.
    You know something must be wrong when you can't buy anything in a sale like this because you already own most of the games from previous sales.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭folan

Anyone else having trouble loggin into steam at the minute?

wil lbe putting soem extra cash on my CC in anticipation on Sunday. would expect some big American game scenario, it being independence day and all!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 662 ✭✭✭Liber8or

folan wrote: »
    it being independence day and all!

Independence? Freedom? Freeman... Ok, €10 euro the Valve pack will be next to nothing on Sunday! Any takers? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Lu Tze

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Any deals on the Stalker and Xcom games or Deus Ex?

X-com complete pack is now €3.74

• Registered Users Posts: 7,383 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

That Square Enix\Eidos pack has some seriously good titles in it. The €75 price tag might put me off but ...

Batman Arkham Asylum, Hitman series, SupCom2, Just Cause 2 and Tomb Raider are seriously tempting me. I own some of the titles already, like Deus Ex and Hitman (lost the discs), but even so I am really tempted. Going to wait until the last day of the sale though.

Irritated I bought the Witcher for €15 a few weeks ago. Ah well, its still worth that much.

I'm hoping Borderlands goes down in price a lot individually, not just as part of the pack, because I already own the Civ and Xcom series about three times over from various places and Bioshock I also own. Otherwise I'd be all over that pack.

Wonder what'll be on today?

Torchlight €4
    Shatter €2

You can't not buy them! :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,477 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

ShaneU wrote: »
    Torchlight €4
    Shatter €2

Arghh I paid 8 for Torchlight the other day :(

It's excellent though.

Flatout is a really good game for €1.90 too.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Flatout: UC may be a PC to 360, then 360 back to PC port (yeah...), but it's totally worth 1.90. Good craic!

EDIT: What shane said.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,298 ✭✭✭ionapaul

What controls would Flatout require? Keyboard or do you realistically need to go for an Xbox controller?

Is Torchlight just a fast paced hack-n-slash game like Diablo seemed to be (have to admit I never played it!) or is there a little more to it than that...it just seemed that Diablo would be really repetitive and get boring quickly.

When is Bioshock 2 coming down in price god damnit! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,378 ✭✭✭Krieg

Flatout is a really good game for €1.90 too.
    Looks sweet, cant go wrong at €1.90
    Steam servers are too busy to DL it though.
    Looks like ill be playing this tomorrow

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,477 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

ionapaul wrote: »
    Is Torchlight just a fast paced hack-n-slash game like Diablo seemed to be (have to admit I never played it!) or is there a little more to it than that...it just seemed that Diablo would be really repetitive and get boring quickly.

I've never played Diablo, but Torchlight is pretty much hack n' slash. It's basically 'Grinding: The Game' but it's fast paced enough and item drops frequent enough to keep you engaged. I'm very much enjoying it anyway, nice change of pace.

I downloaded torchlight and shatter in about ten minutes on a 7mb connection so their servers weren't busy for me.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

What controls would Flatout require? Keyboard or do you realistically need to go for an Xbox controller?

it can played on the keyboard easily enough, it doesnt exactly need super reflexes

• Registered Users Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭oceanclub

Today's specials:

•FlatOut: Ultimate Carnage – 90% off
    •The Void – 75% off
    •Torchlight – 75% off
    •Red Faction Guerrilla – 75% off
    •Shatter – 75% off
    •Red Orchestra: Ostfront 41-45 – 75% off
    •Left 4 Dead – 66% off
    •Mass Effect 2 – 40% off
    •The Guild II + Pirates of the European Seas – 75% off

I already have Torchlight, RFG and RO from previous sales, and not sure I want another Flatout game. I'm tempted to give The Void a bash simply because it looks so weird and adventurous:

http://www.metacritic.com/games/platforms/pc/void
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Void_(video_game)

P.

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭Mataguri

I really want to get Red Faction as its only a fiver but it suddenly seems to be unavailable to most European countries :(

Edit: Its there now :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,005 ✭✭✭✭titan18

When is Bioshock 2 coming down in price god damnit! :)

Bioshock 2 was already down on the 1st day, so you missed it

titan18 wrote: »
    Bioshock 2 was already down on the 1st day, so you missed it
    It might be reduced again on the final day.

• Registered Users Posts: 558 ✭✭✭Kazuma

oceanclub wrote: »
    Today's specials:

•FlatOut: Ultimate Carnage – 90% off
    •The Void – 75% off
    •Torchlight – 75% off
    •Red Faction Guerrilla – 75% off
    •Shatter – 75% off
    •Red Orchestra: Ostfront 41-45 – 75% off
    •Left 4 Dead – 66% off
    •Mass Effect 2 – 40% off
    •The Guild II + Pirates of the European Seas – 75% off

I already have Torchlight, RFG and RO from previous sales, and not sure I want another Flatout game. I'm tempted to give The Void a bash simply because it looks so weird and adventurous:

http://www.metacritic.com/games/platforms/pc/void
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Void_(video_game)

P.
    The Void is a great game, pretty unique. Takes a while to learn what's going on though, some of the mechanics aren't explained very well, guess that's what the internet is for...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭oceanclub

It might be reduced again on the final day.

If not, it's only £11.95 on Dvd.co.uk at the moment anyway:

http://www.dvd.co.uk/Games/BioShock-2-PC/BIO2PC/product.htm

Great game, I thought as a game it was even better than no. 1 (though the plot isn't as good).

P.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,016 ✭✭✭Wossack

gah, still up trying to get red faction guerilla... poxy steam, take my monies!

(checkout just timing out unfort...)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭Fnz

Tempted by FlatOut but only bought Shatter in the end. Hope the gameplay is as good as the soundtrack appears to be.

• Registered Users Posts: 920 ✭✭✭Menengroth™

Pretty disappointing sale so far, not a patch on the Christmas one, hoping they have a few more good ones up their sleeves.

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭ProjectColossus

How much is Red Faction for you guys? It's coming up as $17.50 USD in Australia at the moment :(

Got Shatter and Flatout at least, $4.50 USD or €3.60 ish.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,815 ✭✭✭Burgo

How much is Red Faction for you guys? It's coming up as $17.50 USD in Australia at the moment :(

Got Shatter and Flatout at least, $4.50 USD or €3.60 ish.

Red faction guerrilla is €5 on the daily sale. Original red faction is €5 anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭ProjectColossus

Thanks. I want guerrila but I'm not paying three times the price. Guess I'll have to grab it in the next sale when I'm back in Ireland :mad:

Advertisement